clitoral bumps... not STD

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

clitoral bumps... not STD

About a month ago I noticed a white dot on the end the glands of my clitoris.  A week or so later I noticed that another dot popped up.  These aren't raised bumps really, but I got worried that it could be HPV so I went to the local Planned Parenthood and got tested.  My gynocologist was stumped.  She said it was not an STD of STI and that in her 38 years of being a gyno she never saw anything like this.  She took a sample and looked at it under the microscope.  She came back and told me that it looked it could be dry or caloused skin.  I don't understand what is going on and am very scared.  She said I should probably go see a dermatologist but I don't want to because they're really not used to looking at people down there, and I know it would be awkward.  My gyno also said that it could be completely normal and natural.  At first I thought it could be a callous from using my a sex toy, but I stopped using it altogether.  A third dot showed up last week and since then all the dots have connected.  They are bright white.  I have had the same sexual partner for a year and a half and he shows no signs of abnormality.  It is only on my clitoris.  It itches only after a day at work when I wear pantyhose.  It is not painful, but I can feel it and its super sensitive sometimes.  I'm scared.  Somebody send me some response.  
I agree it is most likely an ingrown hair. Still, it should be examined by a doctor. Also, if you develop folliculitis, which is what you have described, repeatedly, there is then a reason to be concerned. If no known cause can be found, it would then be possible you have a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, fissures, and folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.
Des_a_rae commented on mhv's status
Infowars commented on The Turbinates: What ...
mhv commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals