hysterctomy/sling repair pain
I had a vaginal hysterectomy in 1986 where a sling was used they said i had a rectocele and cystocele I had already had a burch procedure 3 years earlier after the birth of my son, I woke up in recovery with excruciating back pain I am still experiencing chronic backpain where the large muscle or ligament  around my lower back and pelvic area at the front spasm especially after walking or standing the only relief I get is if i lye down I have been on painkillers for many years and cannot seem to get any answers I go for a massage at least 3 times per week but this only relieves the pain for a day where i have a break from pain medication any advise on how i can find out what this is  would be appreciated.
The commonest causes of chronic low back pain are lumbar strain, nerve irritation, bone and joint conditions (arthritis), osteoporosis, lumbar radiculopathy, narrowing or stenosis of the spinal cord cavity. Even bad posture can lead to low back pain. It is extremely difficult to find out the cause without detailed information. You need to visit your local doctor or an orthopaedic doctor who will examine you and request a few tests like an MRI Scan of the lower back to diagnose the problem. The treatment will depend on the cause of the pain.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.