my cat gets very worried when hearing baby crying

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

i am pregnant in my sixth month and i got two cats, the older one is about 3 years old, she is very well behaved and independent and loves to spend lot of time by her own, the other is her daughter, she is 1 year old, she is very very attached to me, she goes with me everywhere, even when i go bathroom, she stays beside the door as well she sleeps at corner of my bed.anyway i was watching a video of baby crying and my cat got very very nervous and kept meowing and kept turning around me and touching my face and my eyes with her paws and even bite my chick, she was very worried and anxious and frustrated..i had to calm her for like 20 minutes then...i am worried she will react the same when the baby cries and can harm him accidentally by pushing her paws to his eyes or biting him.and there is no way i can get rid of her, i love her so much...so how can train her from now so she will react normally when my baby is born and crying and  gets along with him??? note: i live in a medium sized apartment
When I had my first child we putted a tight net over her crib for the night, and then when we noticed that it was not the best choice for us we removed my DD bedroom door and replaced it by a screen door for the night so the cats could not get in the room when we where not watching. But at the end all our worries where for nothing, the cats loved my DD at first they were effaid but after a while they where best pals.

If you ask me a baby crying sound terribly like a cat mewwing. And cats are highly intelligent. So if you where emotional while watching the video it might be a response to that feeling that youre cat reacted. I would say to keep watching this kind of video it will help your cat to get used to baby crying.
Shannon79, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Des_a_rae commented on Heather3418's status
Shannon79 commented on journey2motherhood's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals