ovary problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ovary problems

has anyone heard of and ovary and bowel being attached togethe by scar tissue. is surgery needed. i know this finding will explain the overuse activeness of my bowel change in the last 12/15 months.
This was posted on the Ovarian Cancer forum (click on left) Many ladies there swear by it.
MEDICINE BALL/SCAR TISSUE:

Here is the instructions I copied from sweet Mary awhile ago.

She said that it is as if some of our insides "glue together" and that this releases much of the gluing because of all the blood, thus oxygen, it brings to the area. It seems to break up the adhesions and it worked for me. She intended to teach elderly people because the "gluing" is so bad as we age if we don't treat it. I figured that if it worked for adhesions that formed naturally in our body, it should work for surgical adhesions.

It is truly amazing. I noticed a HUGE difference immediately. When I sat up after the fist time I did this (about a 15 min. session) I could feel a "FLOOD" or a Rush of blood or something! going to that area. After having pain about 40 times an HOUR for over a year and a half after my surgery, my pain decreased to only about 10 times a DAY for a few seconds at a time. I did this procedure again about a week after the first one and that gave me even more relief. I think it was about four months til I had to do it again. Now I do it about once a year, if that. I have been virtually pain free, ,aside from a dull ache now and then, from adhesions since learning this technique.

The idea is you want to get the blood to the bone, not just the muscle....so it floods the tendons and gets lots of oxygen there to start healing and breaking up the adhesions.

**My instructor told me to think of a steak and how the tendon is sort of splotchy with blood where it is attached to the bone...well, you want to get the blood totally to the bone so as to really break things up. Regular massage is not "deep" enough.

The ball I used measures 16 inches. Again, though, I did not get the ball thru the website (Body rolling is a dot com, one word, and you can learn about the woman who developed the technique. Anyway, I got just an ordinary ball in a toy section at Target and it looked similar to the one the instructor had used. The ball I have has a picture of Blues Clues on it! Hey, it works. It probably is bigger than the ones they recommend, but, if you think about it, it is squishy to the point where once all my weight is on it, it probably shrinks down to about ten inches. And, I just put my "front" onto the ball for the pelvic pain and not my back.

-------------------------------------
Here is how I did it...leaning my body wt. into it, literally placing the ball underneath me and "rolling" on it...slowly.

I would lay on the pubic bone and then take about four minutes or so to SLOWLY (while remembering to take deep breaths now and then) work my way out to the right side where the ovary once was on that side. After you get there, go back slowly to the pubic bone...breathe deeply. When you get to the pubic bone again, then go to the other side, following a path, if you will, of where you imagine the falopian tube once was. So, you are rolling in something like a "V" formation. After you get to the left side where the ovary once was, then go back to the pubic bone...and, you are done. But, take about 15 minutes to do the whole procedure.

Good Luck,
Paula
It does hurt, that is for sure, since you are initially pressing on the pubic bone with all the weight you can manage to put on the ball. And then you roll slowly to where the ovaries once were and yes, it is not the most pleasant feeling, but it is a "good hurt" if you know what I mean.
Two half hour sessions of rolling on this ball (like a smallish soccer ball)...leaning my body wt. into it, literally placing the ball underneath me and "rolling" on it...slowly.....and, I have had tons and tons of relief. I could not believe it!

I would lay on the pubic bone for about two minutes and then take about four minutes or so to SLOWLY (while remembering to take deep breaths) work my way out to where the ovaries once were...One side at a time. Then I go back to the pubic bone with all of my weight on the ball…as much as possible, that is. Remember to take long deep breaths. This is very important…will get more oxygen to the blood for further healing…and, helps the lymphatic system, too. So, once you are back to the pubic bone, start rolling slowly to the other spot where the ovary once was. Then finish all this by going back to the pubic bone. Sit up and just see if you can tell if things feel different.

It is truly amazing. I noticed a HUGE difference immediately. When I sat up after the fist time I did this (about a 15 min. session) I could feel a "FLOOD" or a Rush of blood or something going to that area. After having pain about 40 times an HOUR for over a year and a half after my surgery, my pain decreased to only about 10 times a DAY for a few seconds. I just did this massage two days ago, because my right side was hurting again, but, I had not done a session since last winter.

It is worth looking into. You want to get the blood to the bone, not just the muscle....so it floods the tendons and gets lots of oxygen there to start healing and breaking up the adhesions. My instructor told me to think of a steak and how the tendon is sort of splotchy with blood where it is attached to the bone...well, you want to get the blood totally to the bone so as to really break things up. Regular massage is not "deep" enough.

I did find an interesting site from "OBGYN.net chat" that showed a transcript from a discussion about pelvic pain, abdominal hysterectomies and adhesions. No talk of the ball, though.

Oh, there is another website that my teacher referenced. It is OPTP.com and it is based in Minneapolis. It is all about fitness balls of various sizes. They sell something called the "thera cane" that they say breaks up surgical adhesions. I have never tried that item. But, I would start with the body rolling first.

My ball measures 16 inches. Again, though, I did not get the ball thru the website. I got one in a toy section and it looked similar to the one the instructor had used. It probably is bigger than the ones they recommend, but, if you think about it, it is squishy to the point where once all my weight is on it, it probably shrinks down to about ten inches. And, I just put my "front" onto the ball for the pelvic pain and not my back.

Mary