period cramping, but no period, and light pink and brown discarge in mu...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

period cramping, but no period, and light pink and brown discarge in mucus??

Hi. Today i have been cramping ALLLL day long. I thought it was my period but it is not, there is no flow. Extreme cramping, and painful backaches. I had my period last month so i doubt there is any way i could be pregnant. I am supposed to start my period in a week. Its just that this cramping, abdominal pain, ovarie pain and back pain has never happened without any blood. After i use the bathroom and wipe, there is a light pink blood and brown discharge with mucus. HELP ! What is this????
If there is a history of any unprotected intercourse then pregnancy should be ruled out. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.