recurring outer vaginal pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

recurring outer vaginal pain

I am experiencing pain in my outer vaginal area.  It is mostly a dull aching pain but sometime there is a sharp pain.  It seems to be concentrated towards the back on my vaginal area.  It doesn’t hurt more when touched or anything, the pain seems to be “deep” (if that makes sense).  There is no bumps/sores or obvious swelling.  It first occurred about a month ago and lasted 4 to 5 days (about 3 days the pain was quite intense).  I had sexual contact with someone (not intercourse, but it involved genital contact) about 2 days before the pain started.  I'm not sure if it could be something from him, and if it is I'm not certain what it could be.  After the pain went away I dismissed it because there seemed to be no sores or other symptoms.  But about a month later the pain started again, and that's where I am now.  Again there seem to be no visible signs (no sores or the like) but I'm worried because it came back.  Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals