Addison's Disease Community

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.
1 - 20 (of 194) questions
I have had severe fatigue issues for years, low blood pressure, tachycardia, and stomach problems. I struggle to get to sleep, and then i...
I used to have low blood pressure a lot and have required iv hydration for three years. Everyone at first thought it was my chrons causin...
1 answer |
I have had chronic fatigue for almost 2 years now--extreme fatigue, where the smallest things will do me in,and I'm too tired/weak to exe...
1 answer |
So this might be me overreacting and panicking for no reason but just hear me out lol. I've had this strange salty, powdery substance on/...
1 answer |
Hello. I have had Addison’s since I was 25 years old. I take hydrocortisone, synthroid, and Florinef. I am now 45. I smoke, drink ca...
3 answers |
Hi I just took the acth stimilation test and went for results my doc still hasnt gone over them but I only have a family doctor. My morni...
2 answers |
Hi all - I'm curious as to how many others who have Addison's or other type of adrenal insufficiency also experience shortness of bre...
10 answers | 4 comments |
Congratulations rumpled- thank you for your service as a CL!  Please take a moment to reach out to rumpled, and give a shout out for ...
I have secondary adrenal deficiency due to pituitary injury. I've been taking 5mg prednisone in the morning and 5mg Cortef at noon. Nor...
1 answer |
I have MS and over 3 years was given large doses of steroids {including 1,500 mg of steroids by infusion over 3 days twice } for uveitis...
6 answers |
Does anyone else with Primary Addisons have normal BP before taking any morning Medication I have had Primary Addisons for 7 years now ...
1 answer |
Hi, I was diagnosed with dysautonomia (POTS more specifically) a few months ago and have had symptoms for two and a half years. My di...
1 answer |
I take 5mg prednisone at 6 AM, and 150mcg T4 at 10 PM. But if I exercise, I have to take an additional dose of 10 Mcg of T3 and 2.5 or 5...
1 answer | 1 comment |
Rumpled mentions many times that the blood draw must be into a chilled container and iced immediately. When my ACTH was drawn, I told th...
1 answer |
I have the ACTH test and a 24 hour urine scheduled, but it will be weeks before I receive results. My morning cortisol level was 4.4. T...
1 answer |
if you have darkened back of the hands and arms, and your face and neck, and your toes, Do you need to also have darkened gums to actuall...
1 answer |
Can someone please help me am very scared , and tensed .. From last 8 months am not feeling good in janvary , suddenly i felt extremly hu...
9 answers | 2 comments |
hey, can you please help me, am very scared , my acth plasma is high which is 71.20 pg/ml but my cortisol level is normal . morning is 1...
4 answers | 1 comment |
My mom has Addison's disease and her PCP has been prescribing her medication. Her hydrocortisone and synthroid. Her PCP just dropped her ...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Hi, I am really hoping someone can help me. I feel like I am losing my mind! I have auto-immune hypothyroidism and iron deficiency ana...
1 answer |
Top Thyroid Answerers
657231 tn?1453836403
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Addison's Disease Community
173 Members
194 Questions
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?