Alcoholism Community

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.
1 - 20 (of 2304) questions
I am 20 years old. I drink with my friends socially about once every two weeks. Last week I got really drunk (which I regret). I had arou...
69 answers | 35 comments |
Hello, so I'm 22 and I've started drinking at age 16, ofcourse rarely at that point but it grew to my current situation. To be frank, I'v...
2 answers |
My husband is an alcoholic and has a very strong unpleasant body odor that consumes the room and his clothing. Is the cause of this odor...
21 answers | 1 comment |
Hello. I am a 28 year old female that occasionally drinks. Meaning that the one or maybe two nights a week that I happen to go out I wi...
11 answers | 1 comment |
Went for drug screen and tested pissitive for alcohol and dont drink but do have type2 diabetes
1 answer |
I'm currently facing a dilemma; I've been at the emergency room all day due to alcohol-related issues. It was of course mandatory during ...
3 answers | 1 comment |
Well, I wasn't sure where to put this. This has been a long-term situation; particularly my mental health. Countless ER visits, doctors, ...
1 answer |
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I am grateful for another day sober and not living that life of insanity anymore....
1 answer | 4 comments |
I am a 24 yr old female, 130 lbs. I don't drink daily, usually only a few times a month. A couple weeks I blew at a .16 breathalyser (4....
9 answers |
I need help with two things... How do I know if my wife has a drinking problem? How do I cope with my own anger over her drinking? I hav...
116 answers | 3 comments |
I’m experiencing some cramps sharp and burning pains in my right side and back just below the ribs and also up by right shoulder blade. A...
1 answer |
My husband has been drinking heavily for 3 years - was vodka, then wine and now back to vodka. If I even mention the word "Vodka" he get...
2 answers | 1 comment |
my husband is 30 yrs old and has been an alcoholic for many years. We dont qualify for medicaid and dont have the funds for health insur...
1 answer | 2 comments |
I was just wondering..... I quit drinking 3 months ago..... i used to drink daily, then i cut down to just the weekends.... i never wo...
159 answers | 2 comments |
I have to take urine tests three times a week and just found out that they were showing positive for alcohol but I haven't drank. It appe...
20 answers | 1 comment |
My 72 year old Mother in Law is an alcoholic. She is combining klonopin & clonazepam along with 6~16oz beers daily. I notice she is comin...
1 answer |
I have had a alcohol history in past where i abused alcohol daily 1 bottle neat on the rocks continous till 2 years I had urtacria Then...
2 answers | 2 comments |
Will it happen? Just tell me now. My husband and I have been married for 10 years and have 3 amazing kids. I fell in love with him im...
6 answers |
So when I am drinking, sometimes I have these uncontrollable shakes as I drink down the vodka or rum. I do drink often, however, it can't...
2 answers |
Advice required, The other day I consumed a ridiculous amount of southern comfort and as a result was very unwell. I finally started to ...
1 answer |
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
Nebulae, OH
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Alcoholism Community
1.69k Members
2.3k Questions
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.