Aa
A
A
A
Close

Alcoholism Community

This patient community is for the abuse of and/or addiction to alcohol. Discussions include alcoholism, identifying addiction, withdrawal, treatment, and support.

If you are in crisis or need assistance, please visit our Crisis Page for resources in your area.
1 - 20 (of 2310) questions
I've been to the doctors they've checked my liver funtions, and they've also gave me an ultrasound. No CT yet but they've done a fair amo...
Well, I wasn't sure where to put this. This has been a long-term situation; particularly my mental health. Countless ER visits, doctors, ...
I am 26 years old and an alcoholic. Here is my story. I first started drinking heavily when I was 19. My boyfriend (18 at the time) ha...
Hi everyone, I’m in to my fourth day of not drinking and feeling fairly positive. Would of course love a drink tonight but won’t be ha...
I quit drinking 70 days ago (bottle of wine and a few tall boys a night habit) and I’ve been having a lot of mouth/throat/sinus issues th...
Hi guys! Something really horrible happened to me last month and it’s affecting me now as well...I’m only 19 years old and I have suffer ...
I have to take urine tests three times a week and just found out that they were showing positive for alcohol but I haven't drank. It appe...
Hi I was just looking for some advice. My partners mother is a long term alcoholic I think about 18 years her husband has left and so has...
My father has been a heavy drinker most of his life and he is now 62, recently hes been drinking more and more and now he is finally feel...
I need help with two things... How do I know if my wife has a drinking problem? How do I cope with my own anger over her drinking? I hav...
Can drinking on a daily basis effect your stomach for example diarrhea and gurgling stomach?
i have been heavy drinker for 5 yrs, recently i stopped drinking, its been 2 months. after 3 weeks of quitting alcohol, i suddenly has th...
Please take a moment to reach out to ibizan, and give a shout out for how much you appreciate her! She has been a Community Leader in th...
I used to drink very heavy about 15 years ago but I stopped for a long time and then started doing it sensibly up to 3 years ago when I s...
My husband is an alcoholic and has a very strong unpleasant body odor that consumes the room and his clothing. Is the cause of this odor...
Hello, so I'm 22 and I've started drinking at age 16, ofcourse rarely at that point but it grew to my current situation. To be frank, I'v...
Why would I continue a cycle that means my immenent destruction, with an alcoholic who as this cycle goes full circle, preforms infidelit...
I am 20 years old. I drink with my friends socially about once every two weeks. Last week I got really drunk (which I regret). I had arou...
Hello. I am a 28 year old female that occasionally drinks. Meaning that the one or maybe two nights a week that I happen to go out I wi...
Went for drug screen and tested pissitive for alcohol and dont drink but do have type2 diabetes
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
Nebulae, OH
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.