Aa
A
A
A
Close

Alcoholism Community

This patient community is for the abuse of and/or addiction to alcohol. Discussions include alcoholism, identifying addiction, withdrawal, treatment, and support.

If you are in crisis or need assistance, please visit our Crisis Page for resources in your area.
1 - 20 (of 2315) questions
I am wondering what are the tests used to see if a person with cirrhosis is still consuming alcohol? Thanks!
A sibling of mine is an alcoholic. Over the last two years they have had three separate seizures from low electrolytes and potassium. Two...
My husband is 52, weights 319 pounds, 6 feet and is drinking approx. 1 liter a day of vodka. He has been an alcholic since his early 20...
Hey guys.. I have been having a very bad reaction to alcohol all day. I am a weekend drinking, not always binge drinking, but yesterday ...
I'm a 46 yr. old alcoholic. This past month my drinking has gotten progressively worse. This past week, I threw up blood twice. On both o...
i would like to know why i have very bad shaking fits while drinking alcohol i have been a big drinker for many years,i used to drink lar...
I have to take urine tests three times a week and just found out that they were showing positive for alcohol but I haven't drank. It appe...
As part of my recovery, I need to keep a dairy for my councillor regarding my drinking pattern, situation I'm in and how I am feeling. ...
As part of my recovery, I need to keep a dairy for my councillor regarding my drinking pattern, situation I'm in and how I am feeling. ...
I've been to the doctors they've checked my liver funtions, and they've also gave me an ultrasound. No CT yet but they've done a fair amo...
Well, I wasn't sure where to put this. This has been a long-term situation; particularly my mental health. Countless ER visits, doctors, ...
I am 26 years old and an alcoholic. Here is my story. I first started drinking heavily when I was 19. My boyfriend (18 at the time) ha...
Hi everyone, I’m in to my fourth day of not drinking and feeling fairly positive. Would of course love a drink tonight but won’t be ha...
I quit drinking 70 days ago (bottle of wine and a few tall boys a night habit) and I’ve been having a lot of mouth/throat/sinus issues th...
Hi guys! Something really horrible happened to me last month and it’s affecting me now as well...I’m only 19 years old and I have suffer ...
Hi I was just looking for some advice. My partners mother is a long term alcoholic I think about 18 years her husband has left and so has...
My father has been a heavy drinker most of his life and he is now 62, recently hes been drinking more and more and now he is finally feel...
I need help with two things... How do I know if my wife has a drinking problem? How do I cope with my own anger over her drinking? I hav...
Can drinking on a daily basis effect your stomach for example diarrhea and gurgling stomach?
i have been heavy drinker for 5 yrs, recently i stopped drinking, its been 2 months. after 3 weeks of quitting alcohol, i suddenly has th...
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
Nebulae, OH
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.