A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Social Community
2.75k Members
1700643 tn?1464850282

is adapex safe for me?

I went to my Dr today he gave me a prescription for some non addictive meds for my lovely non moving neck.I asked him2make me an appointment2get my thyroid checked cause I continue to gain wieght over the last few months even though Ive changed my diet etc.He thinks its my AD medicine(makes sense didnt realize it but started gaining+have gained50pounds since I started taking it).He gave me a1month supply of adipex.I know nothing about this or diet meds n general I maintained130pounds for years until now.He said to stretch it out over2months.Im concerned cause he said u can only get this3times a year which worried me.He is fully aware of my addiction history.Does anyone know about this medicine cause Im completely lost here.
26 Responses
1801781 tn?1461633069
NIH said this:
Most people takephentermine for 3-6 weeks; the length of treatment depends on how you respond to the medication. Phentermine can be habit-forming. Do not take a larger dose, take it more often, or take it for a longer period than your doctor tells you to.
Yes...it's a diet pill and will do nothing for your neck. Google it so you know exactly what you're taking!
1801781 tn?1461633069
Yes, it is a diet pill!  Sorry, I thought the poster knew that and then read their post...a bit more slowly!  :)
1700643 tn?1464850282
I know its a diet pill everyone.Im asking of its dangerous.
Vicki he gave it to me for wieght loss had nothing to do w/pain except as he said losing wieght will help my back pain.He gave it to me and said its just  used VERY short term to get me into the routine of exercising,diet etc.
1700643 tn?1464850282
The only reason I mentioned my neck is because of my post yesterday I wanted everyone to know I was ok it had nothing to do w/my question.thanx everyone
1700643 tn?1464850282
Thanx littlebit ur1st post helps as far as explaining how long2take it
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.