Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Suboxone feelings from the community to help with Codeine withdrawal???

Suboxone feelings from the community to help with Codeine withdrawal? I have been taking like 1/4 - 1/8 the recommended dose as read on the package ( was given to me by a health care worker friend of mine that was horribly addicted to codeine 4-5x worse than me... AND it is like a small miracle taking care of the w/d pain... Am I ok in the communities eyes?
I would say that using suboxone for a mild codeine addiction would be the equivalent of pole vaulting over mouse droppings.I hope you don't stay on it for too long
     1.2 mg of bupe is equivalent 200 mgs of codeine.So i guess it depends on how much codeine you were taking.I agree with ricart try not to stay on it too long.I also agree with the pole vaulting part......Couldnt have said it better......
Just trying to quell the w/d i'm experiencing after 4 yrs of Vicodin add. I'm glad you dont consider that a "large" addiction (10 pills a day for at least 1 1/2 yrs) The woman who gave to me only gave me 3 strips of 8mg and I have cut that into 8ths... (she took 25 pills a day at one time) I just want to get over the psych of taking the vics all day.    2     1mg  slivers keeps me fine all day and have not even thought about pills... I guess your note has brightened my day...Thanx!
      I understand blasted,I guess i am bias because i abused my subutex.Nobody likes feelin like crap ......Just dont want ya kickin the can down road .....Know what i mean....Good luck to ya
I really dont like the way the sub makes me feel dizzy but it's far better than the vic w/d. I appreciate the breakdown of the sub to vic ratio since I am kinda (well, no question about it!) doing this unsupervised. I will take both your advices to heart and only use the sub for "emergency" situations. I think my willpower is 100x what is has been in the past because of worries finally about my health and these days, finances. Good Luck to you and yours also.

B
         Are we talking about codeine or vicoden?The equivalent to vic is 1.2mgs of bupe=30 mgs of vic .....Hope this helps.....Oh yeah are you adding some aftercare ......A/A N/A  meetings?
I do not have immedate plans for that. I have no ill feelings towards any care program specifically, I have a determination that is now backed up by my wife (who was also right there partying with me) and we both have seen people in our lives that were destroyed in every sense (money, family, death) by addiction and we have had enough. I know talk is cheap... but this IS different. I will not count out the possibility of treatment (I went as far as to look up the meeting places and times) if for whatever reason I do take one more recreational pill... hell, even if find myself taking one legit for some medical reason, I will seek outside help. I want to prove to myself that I am a Grown Human Adult MAN and as once before I ever took ANYTHING in my life, I can be my own master and regulate my actions for my best interests. Peer pressure and what other people say or think about me I could give a @#$% about. That wasn't always the case in my early years. I like being sober and clarity has it's own kind of "buzz" that I am enjoying much more as I get older. :)
Maybe I am a little mixed up... Codeine isn't Vicodin? I was using Vicodin.
         Glad to hear you are open to meetings......Just put that in your bag of tools your going to need to stay clean......And hit me up if you need to chat ,vent  whatever.....Keith
absolutely... Good Night Keith.

B

I honestly think suboxone and methadone is a legal way of getting high and the state knows that and is ten times more addicting and ten times worse to come off. I would say cold turkey or mabye a good rehab like i am going to in a few days. Church of God rehab in Pennsylvania for a whole year. Its more or less tough love there but it gets u right and ur heart.