A
A
A
Close
Adrenal Insufficiency Community
1.32k Members

Elevated epinephrine, pm cortisol and DHEAS

Hi everyone,
For the past 3 years, I have been suffering from nightly and daily episodes of tachycardia (up to 180bpm according to loop monitor), headache, nausea, restless, dizziness, severe nervous feeling in stomach/chest, pounding heart, weakness, and shakiness/shivering after episode. I do not feel nervous before an attack of these symptoms. I have had 24 hour urine which shows elevated Epinephrine (adrenaline), pm cortisol was elevated and elevated DHEAS. Tired of the anxiety diagnosis as I am not anxious when these attacks come on. Any ideas what this could be? These attacks happen during the day and multiple times a night.
Thank you in advance :)
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
You doctor is looking for an adrenal tumor called a pheo for short - a Pheochromocytoma.

The tumor may also be causing Cushing's from the pressure on the adrenal gland. Hopefully that will go away when they resolve the pheo.

I had both adrenal glands removed. You can live with one - you just have to make sure it stays in good shape.

Let us know how it goes!
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
MI
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.