Adrenal Insufficiency Community

Elevated epinephrine, pm cortisol and DHEAS

Hi everyone,
For the past 3 years, I have been suffering from nightly and daily episodes of tachycardia (up to 180bpm according to loop monitor), headache, nausea, restless, dizziness, severe nervous feeling in stomach/chest, pounding heart, weakness, and shakiness/shivering after episode. I do not feel nervous before an attack of these symptoms. I have had 24 hour urine which shows elevated Epinephrine (adrenaline), pm cortisol was elevated and elevated DHEAS. Tired of the anxiety diagnosis as I am not anxious when these attacks come on. Any ideas what this could be? These attacks happen during the day and multiple times a night.
Thank you in advance :)
COMMUNITY LEADER
You doctor is looking for an adrenal tumor called a pheo for short - a Pheochromocytoma.

The tumor may also be causing Cushing's from the pressure on the adrenal gland. Hopefully that will go away when they resolve the pheo.

I had both adrenal glands removed. You can live with one - you just have to make sure it stays in good shape.

Let us know how it goes!