Aa
A
A
A
Close
Adrenal Insufficiency Community
1.32k Members

Is my stim test normal?

Hi, I would appreciate the help immensely, I'm desperate. I didn't know that cortisol had to be measured at 8 am (docs didn't tell me it had to be that way.....goes to show how much they know and take me seriously) but i've now had cortisol drawn 2 times at 8 am. 1st time was 12 and 2nd time was 14.5 (8-25 range). I also had my stim test at almost 9am as they did not tell me it had to be at 8. The results were

ACTH- 27 (10-57)
cortisol- 8 (7-25)
30 min- 20.8
60 min- 25

is it ok? i know i had a post about it listing other symptoms and results but i wanna focus on the cortisol and stim tests, because i didn't know the time had to be 8 am. does it matter if my stim test was closer to 9? also, it was a month after i stopped birth control, and about a month after i FINALLY got cured of a three month bout of tonsillitis (yikes). Does that matter at all?
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
At 9 am it is at least close. Not noon or late afternoon.

Your test appears normal. Unless you have sodium or potassium tests that are off, I would say your cortisol is fine (stim tests can be passed when you are borderline) and you should look for another reason IMHO...
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
MI
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child