Aa
A
A
A
Close
Alcoholism Community
1.71k Members

Delirium Tremens - mom

My mother's appendix burst a week ago yesterday and 2 days into her hospital stay was going through DT's.  All of her symptoms were spot on.  She is 73 yrs of age.  Although, I do believe there has to be some other underlaying medical reason that she is so confused along with going through DT's.  My question is -1.  How long does it take to go through it?  Because, she beedn in the a week and still not back to normal.  Except the shakes are gone.  2.  Does, the memory come back?  As we talk to her we need to always bring her back to her life now.  As she remembers she sometimes cries.  Any advise or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you
1 Responses
7052683 tn?1392942395
I am not sure what to tell you. I think this situation should be discussed with her doctor. There could be other things going on medically with mom.

Not to worry--just talk to her doctor, K?

Sincerely,
CML
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
Nebulae, OH
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.