- Wake up EVERY morning w/ strong bowel urgency, 99% of time loose stools. Sometimes blood on toilet paper w/ pinching feeling as stool released. Going on for 3 yrs, incidentally after being treated 4 sinus infection with antibiotics.
- Unexplained weight loss. Currently ~ pound/day for the last week, but have seen other times in the past few yrs that I have lost weight. Only started measuring at work daily the last week so this may have been happening longer.Still have good appetite.
- Constant lightheadedness/slightly off balance, started a few months ago. No real pattern, it is always there from morning til night, sometimes more intense, sometimes less.
- Tested with: digital rec. exam, 2 upper GI series, lower GI barium enema, 2 CBCs, sigmoid, stool culture for parasites, abdominal x-ray.
- history of stomach ulcers, but didn't really have common ulcer symptoms.
- blood on toilet paper probably due to fissures (told by gastro)
- bowel habits and lightheadedness attributed to anxiety by GP. I do feel anxious alot, but i thought it was mostly from these health issues, a paradoxical situation? Did my anxiety about my previous bowel problems manifest into the newer problems?
concerned i may have following conditions:
- Celiac disease
- Hyperthyroidism (i've heard that premature graying hair is an early sign, i've had grays since grade 4, but mother also grayed early)