Tingling numbness in my face
I am driving myself absolutely crazy. I am experiencing numbness and tingling in my face and I'm convinced it's MS. I had an MRI and the dr says it's not MS. He says he believes I'm suffering from anxiety, and that makes me more anxious and feel even more symptoms. I can barely breathe at times. I've started xanax and I'm either not taking enough or I need to take something else because I don't feel calm or anything. I'm convinced that the doctor missed my MS, is that possible? If you search numbness and tingling of the face on the internet it always come back MS.... I know, I should stop reading and researching as I'm only making things worse and getting myself even more anxious. So I have to know if there are others out there who expereince numbness or tingling as a result of anxiety? And I don't mean in a panic attack mode, I mean throughout the day, which brings on the anxiety. I hope this makes sense. I am so scared. I haven't eaten in more than a piece of toast in a couple of days because I can barely get the food down, obviously I"m not sleeping well either. My other symptoms include a lack of ability to concentrate, fear, lots and lots of fear. I know, I sound anxious but hearing from others would really help. Maybe the whole package is making me tingly or whatever, but I really would like to know if anyone else has experienced something like this. Anyone who experiences this as a result of anxiety please let me know. Thank you
Ive been dealing with tingling in my temples and cheekbones for a bit now. Its so annoying! Any ideas anyone? Can it be related to hyperventilation or not enough oxygen?
Hypnotherapy seems to have helped somewhat. I have only had one session so far.  I have the tingling problem when I get in the car. I drive 60,000++ miles a year for my job. I have tried Lexapro, but it made me want to crawl out of my skin. I am going to try Celexa or Zoloft again as they have worked in the past. I do take Xanax but have to be careful when driving. 1/2 mg will put you in a DUI range.
Keep pushing the doc to find out what is the cause. Mine started in '06' and I was convinced there was something serious going on. I found out I had a blocked artery that needed a stent. 2 years later I started having the same symptoms and pushed the cardio doc to do a heart cath. they found the stent was not holding and I needed bypass surgery. Now 6 months later it has started again. They did another cath and found nothing wrong. I can only believe that it is aniety this time.

I have been getting tingling and numbness on my face and now I've started getting weird feelings like i'm not here I feel shaky inside and it scares me and I don't want to talk when it happens after about ten minutes it goes away and I feel like me again but I get hot cheeks and they feel numb I'm really scared I have been to the doctor and he said it's nothing to worry about it will go away but I don't no what these feelings are and I really don't like it can any one help me to stop worrying x
I HAVE THE SAME TROUBLES AS ALL WHO WROTE ON THIS SITE. I ALWAYS THINK I HAVE MS BECAUSE OF THE TINGLING IN FEET,FINGERS,NOW MY STOMACH AND THE BACK .ITS CRAZY .AT ONE POINT THEY SAID I HAD SHINGLES BUT NO I DIDNT. THEN NOW I HAVE A BULGLING DISC BUT THE TINGLING IN MY STOMACH THE DOCTOR SAID ITS NOT THE CAUSE OF THAT SO SEE A NERVE DOCTOR. TOOK MRI, SCANS OF THE BRAIN . I HOPE HE WILL SAY IT IS STRESS CAUSING THIS AND NOT MS OR SOME OTHER DIEASE. THEN I WILL BE OK FOR NOW. ITS JUST A FEELING YOU CANT EXPLAIN TO OTHERS BUT READING ALL OF THIS I KNOW IT IS STRESS .YOU WILL HELP ME THOUGHT THIS SO PLEASE KEEP WRING AND JUST KNOW GOD IS WITH US. LOVE APRIL
I been experiencing tingling and twitching in my nose, upper lip and my tongue! It is very scary, but i am putting it down to Anxiety because i have so much going on in my life right now!! I have even been trembling through out my body!

Don't worry guys listen to your doctor it is anxiety!
I am 17. And I've had past anxiety issues[Ex: Hyperventilations, Intense fears that bring on those attacks, and in '08 I think I was on Xanax? Not sure, because a friend of mine had died and I was in some sort of anxiety shock which is what my doctor said. My mother has anxiety issues too.]. This past year was the first time I ever felt that tingly sensation, it is terribly annoying and when I press down on it it like goes away until I remove the pressure then it comes back.

Today, I started having that tingly feeling in my cheek during dinner, and then it just started spreading to my forehead, neck, chest, tongue, arms, legs and toes when we were in the car, the weather was a downpour of rain and my mom's boyfriend was driving fast in his truck, he told me to calm down when I told him to slow down and well he has this traction thing that prevents him from flipping when he speeds on water. It scared me quite badly, I kept thinking that we were going to crash :( . But at the time, I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the lunch I had just had. Eventually all those tingly places just got I dont know.. Tightened? Like I could still move them if I tried, and I felt my throat tighten too, and I thought I couldnt breathe, so while I struggled to breathe and calm down, I had a small headache, dizzyness and extreme fatigue. Right now, after an hour since that car ride, the tingles hasn't gone away.

I guess maybe other "symptoms" I have at the moment would be: lack of sleep caused by either fear [being home alone overnight] paranoia [I think bugs or amurderer is going to get me] or Im just so sad that I have a hard time getting up. Im not usually easily freaked but ever since my friend died, I've had worst fears then when I was a kid [Ex: A bad stage fright that'd bring a panic attack] I do have a lot of things that could be classified as stressful in my life lately. Ex-girlfriend troubles, my mom complains to me about money, possibility of not graduating or getting into the school I want, being alone/dying alone/abandoned. ect. I don't know much about anxiety issues, my doctor didn't tell em much, so I didnt bother looking into it, and I guess kind of denied it because my mom's such a stress case. Any tips on what I should do or how to calm down. A lot of the things I read, well you all seem to know what you're talking about, which is comforting.
Finding this site is the best thing that has happened to me this year. My symptoms have been on for 4 months now and include- tingling all over my head and face,fleeting head aches,ringing in my ears,hot burning sensation in my upper back,neck and the back of my head, depression,hot and cold sensations all over my body and occasional sharp pains all over. Doctor says stress. I am so afraid of my physicals next week. I am afraid of what they might find. It is comforting to know there are other people out there dealing with similar symptoms out there.
hi its april. i got my mri done and on aug 11TH the doctor said i had ms, i thought i would die but there is hope for people with ms. so i'm going to start taking my shots this tue, and try to get it back . my life. there is no cure for ms but it is treatable. god is with me then mt familty and friends. so i'm trying i still get days i worry will i get worse and not walk but i have to stop thinkging and think for the day i'm walking. every day counts with me know i do what i can but dont push my self i eat better and work out and love my family. god is with all of us and even if one day in the future the docor say it is ms you will get though it to with god family and friends like i did. love april
I HAVE HAD TINGLING ON BOTHS SDES OF MY FACE FOR OVER A YEAR. THE INTENSITY WILL SLOW DOWN , BUT THE LAST FEW WEEKS IT HAS BEEN SEVERE. DOCTOR'S FIND NOTHING WRONG, AM I CRAZY? STRESSED OR NOT IT'S THERE>
hi it's april i dont know what to say if you all had a mri done of the brain and spine and no ms then stop and quick worry but if you think its ms go to another doctor 200 people a day get ms i know thats crazy i did the same thing for 3 years tingling i my hands and feet my stomach area dizztness balance was off look it up all came to ms went to doctors no you dont have ms its crazy but when i found out i stop the stress and now im getting better ms is not the end of life but anxiety can be with you for ever too and you can live with it . depression stress anxiety can do crazy things to your body the only differents is the mri showing maybe so spots on your brain or spine . go with the doctor and then a second doctor and stop thinking about it it will make you stress more
Very glad I found this forum. Have been experiencing similar things. Semi-numbness / constant sensation on the left side of my face stretching from my eye to above my ear. Lasts all day, for about 3 days now. Severity varies, but it's constantly there. Also, localized pain at the top of my skull. I have also had bouts of chest pain that last about 30 mins.

I had been convinced for a while that I had a DVT from a long haul flight. I was terrified of pulmonary embolism. I also read about something called paradoxical embolism which can cause stroke. I joined up all these dots with my symptoms and have been constantly worried about it. I have recently moved to a new country so have a lot of time on my own. I read about these things on the internet, I get to be an expert on unlikely variants of these things. However, what I am lacking is clinical judgement and the ability to recognize the much more likely common causes of what I'm feeling.

Visited several doctors and the ER multiple times. They did all the tests and everything was negative. I was temporarily immensely relieved, but there is enough wriggle room in the tests that I later convinced myself they were wrong.

Anyway, in retrospect I now think the chest pain I had was definitely caused by anxiety. It actually matches the symptoms of an anxiety attack much more closely than what I thought it was.
The facial numbness perhaps could be caused by a trapped nerve (I have lately been reading in a weird position), or maybe somehow just by the anxiety itself. It is very reassuring to hear other people's experiences.
I cannot believe I finally found others that suffer from the same face tingles!!! For the past 6 months, on and off, I have had face tingles and numbness on my left lower chin. The first time it happened I thought I was having a stroke. The doctor gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way to the dentist. The dentist did 17 X-Rays and found nothing wrong. The tingling continued on and off. The doctor then wanted me to do some a sonogram. With my work schedule it just never seemed to work out. Then two days ago, it happened again. Total tingling, numbness and migraine. I called the doctor. They said they couldn't see me until the next day. Totally upset, I turned to the internet and here it is. I have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks, depression and hypothyroid my whole life. The only drug that helps is a small dose of Diazepam 1 mg. and a lot of herbs, Passion Flower, Scullcap and Valerian. I cannot believe that stress has caused me so much stress! HA! Thank you all for your stories. I feel a lot better. I guess I need more tread mill, more yoga, more meditation, ext. By the way, I work with mentally challenged individuals in a group home. Lots of stress and my son just lost his father yesterday. Lots of stress. Love to all that suffer from anxiety. Lets all take a deep breath!!!!
For the last two days I have been having on and off tingling and numbness feelings in my cheeks, near my nose and slight on my chin. I am a very anxious person and health issues terrify me, I was so relived to have found this website.. I felt100% better, almost no tingles left after reading all your stories about the same experiences.. If I ever read about an illness, I atomatically find a way to diagnoss myself with it, so research online pointed me to many directins that terrified me. In my life I currently have the stresses associated with work lay offs and buying a house. What a Combo. And my face just started to tingle and feel numb in places. Usually I get an upset stomach, but never felt the tingles before. I appreciate all your words of encouragement. I am terrified of doctors for this reason that I do not know what I will hear when I go there. My blood pressure always skyrockets and I have heart palpitaions. I know it is anxiety. Cannot tell you have relieved I am to hear that others who suffer from anxiety als have face tingling issues.
Hi everyone. This is the first time I have ever written on a blog but I felt compelled to leave a message on account of what I have read. Recently I have been experiencing anxiety which originally manifested itself through work stress but then transcended into general areas of my life. Simply put, whenever I feel a strange sensation in my body (chin numbness, dizziness, pins and needless etc), I go into panic mode. Its comforting to know that we all share these struggles. I would offer the advice of guided meditation and hypnotherapy as a way to bring your mind to peace.
You can do all the tests like I did (CT scan, MRI, blood tests) and they will all come back negative, but you will still find a way to worry.. you have to accept at some point that you are going through an anxiety related episode and nothing more. This is part of life. Acknowledge the feeling, however uncomfortable you feel, and begin to slow your breathing right down. By facing the anxiety you will grow courage. Remember, anxiety can present itself in 100 different ways but it cant hurt you. Good luck to you all and God Bless.
I have the exact same tingling feeling I suffer a lot from fears, anxiety and stress I have experienced this over the past. 3 years and it goes every time I feel fine then all the symptoms goes and I'm as healthy as anything. The more I think about the symptoms the worse it gets as I get more anxious.
I have had tingle creepy feeling in my left cheek jaw and sometimes chin for a month now. there was even some swelling in the gland area, but that is gone away. I have been to the dr. he says not to worry about it. It is very un nerving at times. I have just went through a break up of a long relationship, and after reading this I may feel a tad better that maybe it is just tons of stress. Of course I need to find a way to deal with it. But anyway good luck to all of you.
i have ms and i was tingly in my hand and feet if you took a mri and showed no lesions in your brain then stop stressing
Hi, i've been experiencing anxiety for the last four months. I've had palpitations, dizziness, headaches, tingling, twitching,lack of breathing etc. etc. Sometimes it could be so frustrating. I've been seeing a counselor and that has help me a lot. What also helps me is talking to a priest, going to mass and just trying to find a different meaning to my suffering. I am catholic, and so when I've felt the worst,  that has helped me to put things back into perspective. There are so many people that have talk to me about anxiety, many just giving me just advice. Or they pass on to me their fears, so it makes it worst for me. But HOPE is what we need, it makes me feel better to know that there's a God that has a bigger plan for me, that He has a mission for you and me, and that He will not give you anymore than you can handle. Courage! even if it sounds ridiculous. Seek God and you will find and answer to your suffering. And take one day at a time :)
I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING NUMBNESS AND NEEDLING ALMOST LIKE I AM BEING STUNG BY BEE'S  IN MY FACE FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW IT HAPPENS WHEN I AM REALLY STRESSED AND ANXIOUS I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL  DOCTORS THAT CAN NOT TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME WHICH MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I AM GOING CRAZY I  HAVE  BEEN ON SEVERAL ANXIETY MEDICATIONS IN THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS TOO ONE WHICH HAVE HELPED HAS ANY GOTTEN A DIAGNOSIS? I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA AND AM WONDERING IF I HAVE MS

I googled my symptoms because I am suffering highly. I caught a panic attack on my way to work in 2007. I also have surgery in both of my legs and felt numbness on my right side. I was convinced there was something wrong because I couldnt function. I felt numbing sensations all over, especially on my face and right side. Because of all of this, I was unable to walk on my own...thinking that I would fall or get hit by a car. I depended on my kids to take me to and from work...I got tired and felt sorry for myself and was determined that I had to do something about this. I started taking meds and went to the Dr. I was told over and over that there was nothing wrong with me and would be looked at like I was crazy. I was almost diagnosed with MS...I was told after serious testing that my main cause was STRESS and that I didnt have MS. Many months have passed, started going to the gym and lost over 30 pounds. Carried a cane everywhere I went and just held it as I crossed to and from. But now, it came back again, the tension, the stress, numbness. I can barely function at work and once again am afraid of crossing streets and getting to work.. Feeling frustrated as I got better little by little but now I feel like I'm back and square one all over again. I forgot to mention that during all of this, I had lots of family issues that I had to deal with and fell on numerous occaisions but other than the falls, I am perfectly fine...Please give me some advice so that I can battle this all over again!!! My family needs me.
im 21 years old and have areal problem stressing out. My car recently broke down to the point where I had to look for a new one. two weeks ago as we were pulling into the dealer ship my left side of my face and my left arm and leg went numb. that was the first time it has happened. sine then it has been doing the same thing but just comes a goes. it happens mostly when im just sitting or going to bed. it was a little better last week after I found out they could fix my car but then I found out I was loosing my job. last night it was so bad I really thought i was going to have to go to the er. but i don't have insurance. i don't know what to do i cant afford to go to the doctor if its just strees related but im afraid to not go and be something more serious. please if you have any advice let me know. im scared and kinda on my own in this.
I have been on Zoloft for 6 wks now and I too have face (mainly left side) tingling and numb face, lips and chin. I thought, omg stroke!! I feel so much better after reading your posts, guys!! Anxiety is SO evil! :(
I can't breathe increasing shortness of breath for 8 weeks feels horrible. Dr thinks its all anxiety, numbness and tingling all over body. What does anyone else think? I can't exercise as a result. I feel horrible. Been to ER 2X and Urgent care 3X and same issue. They have done 2x ekg with no issues should I be concerned?
I too have noticed the tingling in my face and feeling that i can't breathe properly.feels like my digestion is poor after i eat or maybe its just a bit of acid reflux which could be worse with stress or worrying. I am terrified of taking medications and try anything that is natural before resorting to taking drugs.I have heard to many stories of unsuccessfull treatments and side effects that i do not want to experience. I have noticed that summer is better for me when i keep busy with work and get more excercise.In Winter i am mostly sitting around as its been such a long cold winter so that is probably adding to the stress and worry.
I have suffered off and on for 24 years with numbness and tingling in my face and have had multiple tests to rule out MS.  I too was told it was stress and anxiety which I have come to agree with over the years.  Most recently I have begun to have a cold tingling menthol feeling running through my body as if I had eaten pure peppermint oil - very strange.

Pattie
i have the same feeling, but only on my right arm, feeling of a cold stream running in my vein to my right thumb. lots of pressure on my thumb. tingling on my right face and numbness also. pressure in my right ear.
I so relate d to what you wrote..I had a hard fall on my left outer thigh (not my head). I hit so hard that I felt my insides were jolted for a second...It was hard enough to loosen a front tooth when my jaws clenched on impact.I ended up in hospital overnight with transient global amnesia...I remember the fall but nothing from that point on for the next 14 hrs....Still don't remember..I've had all kinds of cardio/neuro test..so far nothing is showing up wrong but ever since that fall...all day long I have waves of numbness in my left jaw and lower lip...it may last 10 min and sometimes I feel light headed and not safe to drive. I do not know what is causing this and one cardio dr implied I wanted to have something wrong with me and he suggested a psychiatrist ..point is the waves of numbness brings on the anxiety and I just want to know what is wrong with me..I take .5 xanax to sleep maybe 5 hrs...25 xanax 2 x daily to keep my job...I hate having to do this so one day I just didn't take the xanax and ended up in ER with extreme high b/p and pulse...HELP anyone

Having similar situation :'( can you pl.let me know what doctor suggested you or have you ever been to doctor?
facing the same situation :'(  have you ever been to doctor or what they have told you ??
facing same situation :'(
have you ever been to doctor? what they have told you ?
Bella I know this is many years later but wanted to say within past year I have experienced the same thing as you.. My doctor had me to take a iron pill and I get b12 shots now and it seems to help a lot.. now I will say when i get stressed or scared  it will start back up some but nothing major.. I think it does that because my b12 shot starts to run out.. Also you said you had a bulching disk where exactly??  Because the back of my neck and my shoulders hurt so bad at times and I feel like a bulching lump in middle of back of my neck.. Sometimes it feels like someone has taken a ton of bricks and laid them on top of my head and pushing them down on my head and squishing my neck..  was wondering if yours was in same spot.. If so it could be a nerve its hitting.. I gotta get a MRI as well.. So try the iron and b12 and see if that helps those xanax dont work at all.. I try  not to take any nerve pills if I can help it they just dont work for me.. Well hope you found out what it was and you got help you need.. If you did find it out plz let us know thanxs rose..
trust the doctor, he has the education and training to diagnose you, unless you have 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school and 3 to 8 years of residency training ( training in a specific specialty of medicine) You will have the urge to research and try to self-diagnose (everyone does it's instinct) but always remember, their was a reason you decided to go see the doctor in the first place, because you don't know what is happening. From experience, I can Definitely Confirm his diagnosis. I have been suffering with my Panic AND anxiety Disorder, for more than 6 years now. the only absolute fix, is time, self-belief, not choosing to go through this alone, and finding the proper medication, but not relying on the medication alone. my cheeks from just below the eyes, to the bottom of the jaw, my hands go numb, partial paralysis in the hands and chests ( can move my arms but not my wrist and fingers, cannot expand lungs to full capacity, which results in rapid shallow breaths incapable of receiving  sufficient oxygen to the brain and other vital organs, [hyperventilation]) Temporary bouts of irrational thought processes ( minor paranoia ex. thinking I am dying, or i have this disease, hurt myself to end the panic/anxiety attack, hide, etc.) even with treatment, panic/anxiety attacks will hit unexpectedly with or without any triggers known or otherwise. However, do not be discouraged or afraid, fear only increases the intensity, what the treatment WILL do, is reduce the frequency and intensity to make it more manageable and less harmful to yourself and others. Never be ashamed, you did not choose to have anxiety, outside and inside forces out of your control, choose it. (what i mean is environmental, situational outside forces, ex. sudden loss of income or home, natural disasters and man-made trauma, and for inside, you could be genetically predisposed to suffering from Anxiety.) I hope this helps you in some way, just know you aren't suffering alone. reach out.
I have been experiencing the facial numbness on my right cheek..and tingling in my right foot--it is so terrifying..I have had A CT Scan and will be scheduling a MRI soon.CT and All blood work came back normal. I have bipolar with anxiety disorder--and take Zyprexa and Paroxetine..I am being stepped down off of both because we believe I have plateau'd on both drugs. I am going to have to deal with the the strange feeling for a while until the medicine wears out of my body in which could take a year or two. I have been diagnosing my self with so many illness, by researching on the internet. I am so tired.and just want it to stop so that I can get back to a sense of normalcy.It is so reassuring to read all of your post. It tells me that anxiety is real and it can effect the body in so many differing ways. Got to get back to my exercise routine and place my focus on what's right with my body.Thank you all for sharing your journey(s) it has helped me tremendously..
Polly,

I am experiencing the same symptoms in my two middle fingers on both hands and some of my toes on my left foot. I am also loosing color in my fingers and they are either ice cold, or red hot!  Everyone has had me worried sick (like we need that with our anxiety as it is) and I am scheduled to have testing.  In fact, 2 weeks prior to my experiencing these symptoms, my sister had the same in her arms. They thought my sister had MS too, but it was simply a B12 deficiency!  She is now taking B12 shots and is doing better.
I think mine may have to do more with circulation, but... mine symptoms started about a month after I stared taking my anxiety medication, so they "think" mine could be side-effects from the Adderall.
Are you on any anxiety medication and if so, have they checked to rule that out?
Good luck and I hope it's something simple.  But, as we know with anxiety.. we get ourselves all worked up when 90% of the time, things turn out okay!

Hey you All-  I recommend getting tested for the MTHFR gene.  Many people (one in five) who have this gene do not process B-6 and 12 and so end up with poor neurotransmittion which creates a host of problems, including generalized anxiety disorder.  The good news is there is an easy fix!  Taking methylated b-6&12!  Also, SAM-e can be very helpful as people with this genetic makeup also do not make enough dopamine.  Find a functional medicine doctors in your area to help you!  You can be well!
Thank you for recommending some BOOK reading matter for these situations. My doctor always says, "don't trust the internet", but if she can't help me, I need to find out who can. And you could say the same about books. Not all can be trusted. LOL I have an insoluble problem of full body-drenching sweats when I need to urinate. I asked for an urologist to check it out. Nothing in the bladder. During these sweats, I also feel quite sick. Then, cold, cold that seems to come from inside. No temperature when I am drowning in sweat. Lately, I have become aware of the sensation in my cheeks like they are anesthesized (sp?) and tingling lips. Diagnosed as having PTSD stemming from a lack of motherly love and, before that, Bipolar. Anxiety is the worst symptom. But it is not anxiety for no reason, it is the constant worry about the doctors not finding something that is seriously wrong. Okay, so I die never knowing, but who is going to feed my cat! Really, that is what I think about.
Hi April, I dont know if you still read this thread but I was sorry to read your story but happy to hear how positive and strong you are being. Your very inspirational. I myself have just finished my degree, it was a very stressful time and I was working all day and night. I first felt a tingle across my noes two nights before my hand in and put it down to the feeling of my glasses on my nose which I only wear when Im working. Now im finished the feeling has spread down to the tip of my noes. It didn't come immediately but now it seems to be there all the time. Do people think this is stress related? The tingle has moved to just above my nostrils on each side. Its very annoying.
Hi All, I have had a numb feeling in both sides of my face and a continual need to want to shut down and have mid-day snoozes lately.
About 9 months ago I received a blow to the top of my head, which almost knocked me out.
I want to have an MRI to rule out any sort of brain bleed or disorder due to this.
I have suffered with Social anxiety and general nervousness since I can remember, so maybe it is a worsening case of that, but I need to rule the former out to put my mind at ease in that area.
THANK YOU FOR THAT CONFIRMATION. I'M ABOUT WORRY MYSELF CRAZY LOOKING UP ALL THESE SYMPTOMS. THEN I BECAME MORE FEARFUL AND NERVOUS. ALL MY TEST SHOW GOOD RESULTS. YET I SEEM TO THINK MY HEART IS FAILING, MY BRAIN IS FAILING, I'M BODY IS FALLING APART AND SO ON.
hi guys i'm very thank full cuz i found this site me too i experience the same thing usually tingling on all over my body both hands and foot stomach and face.Some of all the result i've found on what am i searching is it was MS but there is something i am afraid of because i want to clarify the difference between on those thing.??anyone guys pls.. explaine it to me??
im so glade im not alone w this i thought i was the only one .
Wow...when I googled "face tingling" MS popped up and I freaked out!  It has been on and off since last June after a stressful event. Now about to have an MRI. Blood work normal but I have been dealing with hypothyroid issues and horrible panic attacks/nightmares almost every night for years (used to be they were going to kill me; now it is same faceless folks gleefully telling me "you didn't take your medicine...to late now you must wait for the inevitable: death." This panic attack happens almost every night for over two years. I wake up feeling about to die and then realize it was a nightmare. Happens exactly an hour after I turn off the light. Now these physical tingling ben gay feeling and MS pops up on computer screen. But this site's comments have made me think "anxiety" is the issue not MS. Thanks for sharing.
I think I'm in the same boat.

Background: 45 year old male. My family moved this summer and I've been in high stress mode for quite some time. My job changed. New school for the kids. All of my old exercise routines are out of sync and I haven't had time to make any friends. Work is stressful - some good, some bad. I'm doing interesting work, but it is very fast paced and my company is downsizing. I had to lay off about 10 people that I've been close to. And the US election season and general political climate these days is enough to keep me awake at night. Oh .. and I've been told I'm a "mouth breather" by my dentist and that I grind my teeth.

My face tingles and feels raw sometimes. It's bilateral and moves around my jaw, nose and to the left and right of my nose below my eye sockets.

I also thought MS? But my doctor said - "No, it's not MS." He was quite sure. He said it was anxiety and put me on Alprazomlam 0.25 mg, (Xanax) 1-3 as needed. I usually take one, sometimes two to decrease my stress. It helps. I do feel the tingling subside but it doesn't always go away. It's not like I can pop a pill and the symptoms go away. My face feels exhausted, almost like it's sunburned. Often I catch myself making a tight face. I think I'm clenching my jaw or leaving my face in a fixed position at work.

I find when I'm watching TV and drinking a beer - it goes away. Breathing into a scarf (like breathing into a paper bag) helps a lot. I'm not sure if it's the warm feeling on my face or re-breathing CO2 to prevent hyperventilation. When I get up and - even right now - it comes back.

If I get really worked up, it'll come back. I've actually tried to get myself worked up to see if my face would tingle - it does.

It's harder to stop. Again ... it's not like I can pop a pill tingling goes away. I think it takes a day or two for everything to calm down. The tingling usually goes away on the weekend after I've been relaxing for a couple of days, then it builds back up during the week.

It's VERY HELPFUL to read other people are experiencing the same things. I wouldn't think stress could do such a number on my face. I'm still not convinced but this whole episode has helped me recognize my anxiety.

I see my doctor Monday. Next week is Thanksgiving weekend and I took the week off. Unless my doctor says differently, I'm going to take the Xanax daily and chill out for a week to see how I feel.

Hope ur feeling better.Im going thru the same s@$t. Not sure if it's my stressful life or maybe something more.the numbness *****,and the cold weather makes mine worse.just wondering,did ur doc.do blood work? If so was everything cool? I'm scheduled to see a nurlogist but so far only had blood work and my potassium and vitamin d is low.hoping that this is just stress and not more.good luck to u.i also take Zanax but don't help much anymore,my body has got used to it.
I also am in the same situation and would appreciate any feedback.I am a 41 yr.old female that does have alot of stress in my life,I've been on Zanax for many yrs.I also have had depression most of my adult life.I have had some sytoms for some yrs now but I've just delt with it until my last and new sytoms came up about a month ago.first I will give u my older sytoms:raynaud's  (fingers turn white)dizziness,electric shock feeling going thru body,pain especially in legs and arms that comes and goes,stiff in the mornings the comes and goes,very forgetful,confusion,body tremors.My new sytoms:eyes go blurry,eyes hurt when I move side to side.ive experienced this in both eyes at different times.also numbness in the jaw and face and head,also feels like my head is shaking on the inside.I have had blood work,my potassium was low,my vitamin d was low.I had a catscan of neck and head that came back fine and now I'm waiting to get into see a nurlogist.Of course I've got that worry that maybe it's ms.but like I said I do have ALOT of stress in my life.would the low potassium and vitamin d have any connection to ms? I have alot of the systoms of ms but also know that extremely bad anxiety can bring on same sytoms.if anybody has any insight please message me,just worried.thank u.
Also forgot to mention that the cold,I live in upstate ny.winter weather,makes my numbness alot worse . sometimes I have to avoid going out side when possible.
Girl I know exactly what you are going through I have generlized anxiety and that means i could be just washing dishes and have a anxiety/panic attack.I have been to the hospital so many times because i have them so bad,i mean not being able to breath and tingling in my body and my heart races and it really feels like you are having a heart attack.I am on two different types of anxiety medicine right now and they have helped me pretty good so far,I mean i still get them but very often now and when i do get one i have learned if you take slow deep breaths it works to calm you down and makes me feel better.I am sorry for just rambling on lol but i hope this will help you.☺
Honey, I am going thru the same exact thing and you described me perfectly with the symptoms you are experiencing.  You need to relax your mind and heart so you don't experience anxiety.  God says 365 x in the Bible - DO NOT FEAR, to remind us not to be afraid and anxiety is fear.  If the tests did not show MS, it most likely is not that and you have to try and control your anxiety (mind over matter) ... You can do it.  Listen to Oceans by Hillsong and relax your mind hun.  #BestOfLuckToYou