Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo Provera

I have been on the Depo Provera shot for more than 5 years now. I read that the recommended amount of time that a young woman should be on Depo is only 2 years. I am 20 now and I have been on it since I was 15. I have tried to come off of it once. I bled for about 3 weeks and then got back on it. Currently I have all kinds of pain. Back, kness, neck, arms, and I have migraines. I read about a calcium deficiency when doing research about Depo Provera. I do not want to go to my doctor about this unless I am more than positive that I am correct in saying that my symptoms may be caused by Depo.
Hello (: i also was on depo for a long period of time. From when I was 17 til 21. Wen I got off depo I did have quite a bit of bleeding for awhile but it eventually subsided. Have u been taking calcium supplements daily as recommended to do so while on depo? I didn't have any of the problems as far as pain like u did but then again I was taking calcium pills. If u don't feel right I would suggest seeing your doctor
I have had mid back pain near my adrenals and down since going on the shot a second time. I have stopped and since I get the pains before menstruation. I believe it is adrenal insufficiency. I believe that may be what you are experiencing as well.
Yes, depo is not meant to be a long term birth control. Increases risk for osteoporosis.