Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Mirena IUD Removed

Hi, I had my Mirena IUD removed on February 27 and the next day I started to bleed like a regular period. It has been 7 days and I am still bleeding. The problem is I was bleeding and spotting since Feb. 3. My Flow is Now Quite heavy. Has anyone else had this problem? My Dr. Suggested taking Medroxyprogesterone to stop my period and take it for 3 weeks then stop so that it helps to regulate my cycle. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thankyou.
when i got mine removed i bled heavy for 7 or 8 days which i was totally not used to since i didnt have a period for five years practically
Thank you for your input :)
Heavy bleeding is a side effect of Mirena removal which is caused due to hormonal imbalance. To decrease bleeding you can get prescribed Tranexemic acid from your doctor or progestogen to stop bleeding.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.