Breast Cancer Community

24 male lump under right nipple, hurts and discharges clear liquid

im a 24 year old male, about a month ago or so i noticed a small lump under my right nipple. it is sore when i touch it and it discharges a clear liquid out of my nipple when i squeeze it hard ( tried a couple of times ).  I dont know if it was before or after the lump appeard, but someone at my work gave me a tittie twister and hit it right on the button.  im not sure if it was just sore and the tittie twister bruised it more or if it is something serious. i dont have the luxury of health insurance being as im an american.  ive read some posts that say it could be normal and ive read some that say it could be cancerous, if it is cancerous i dont think i have any choice but to let it kill me....i can afford anything like that??? help!!!  as a note i have lived a party lifestyle for almost 10 years.  i drink socially on the weekends and i smoke marijuana, habitually, and daily, probably about a gram. i have read that weed increases my chance for cancer...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, im freaking out!!!
more specifically, the pain is slight and is at the top of the nipple....the nipple itself and the top of the area around the nipple are sore...no pain any where else.  I work as a mechanic, is it possible that i had oil absorb through the nipple and create and infection?  i just dont know and im freaking out :) thanks for your care!
-Jake

You should see your doctor at the earliest to rule out gynecomastia. The chances that this is cancer are minimal. This looks more likely to be gynecomastia and it may be due to marijuana use in your specific case.

You should quit any form of drug abuse immediately and see what you doctor has to say about this.

Gynecomastia could also be caused due to hormonal disturbances or as a side effect of some medications.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and also post us about how you are doing and what was advised by your doctor.

Regards.
thanks for your response, i have read that marijuana can affect your estrogen levels causing something like this...can i just go into the E.R.?  they dont make you pay for services rendered at the time of the visit...last time i went it cost me over a $1000 for a cold though...im thinking about hitting one of the insta-care facilities, atleast that way i dont have to pay the emergency fee.  thanks again! i cant believe how amazing this website is!
-Jake
"Gynecomastia" is defined clinically by the presence of a rubbery or firm mass extending concentrically from the nipples... the problem im having is directly under the nipple, there is no noticable marks, discoloring, or swelling...i am still going to goto the doctor eventually but is it possible to just have a bruise of some kind under the nipple?

Glad the post was of some help to you.

About going to the ER for your symptoms - i am not very sure if they would follow up immediately or ask you to see a certified physician after an appointment.

But you need to see a doctor any which ways, and most importantly - you need to stop any form of drug abuse.

Keep us posted.

Regards.
Hi, my names is john-Paul. About three months ago i started to get one nipple slightly bigger than the other one.  at the start i didnt really py attention to it but 4 months later it has become considerbley bigger than the other nipple.  it is sore when i touch it and it is also situated at the upper part of the left nipple.  at first i was worried it was cancer so went to my GP.  he reffered me to a Special Breast clinic.  The specialist diagnosed it as Gynecomastia.  I also smoked Marijuana in the past but have since stoped because of the hope the lump will go away.  It is not dangerious at all in anyway and can be remover in a simple operation.  Can i ask you if you have noticed any other side effects since the lump has appeared?
He has had two mastectomies. I think they were precancerous, but he had them.

He has insurence. But don't let that be an influence on werther you go or not. The cancercare people have the abilities to get you seen. Cancer Society can help get you insurence/medicaid

Don't be slow getting it checked. You may save your life by going in now

How are you doing now?

Have you stopped taking the drugs? Are you seeing a breast specialist for your complaints?

Has any medication been prescribed and any investigations done?

Let us know about what your doctor advises and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.

I have a similar problem. 25 yo male

There is a lump that is sore under my left nipple I had it for six months before I finally went to the doctor and got an ultrasound. I have to get a biopsy to rule out cancer. The doctor told me that he thinks it is an infection or some type of inflammatory thing, but they want to be safe. This is crazy I'm stressed out. Know how you feel man good luck.

How are you doing now? Has there been any symptomatic improvement?

Have you stopped taking the drugs (marijuana)? Are you seeing a breast specialist for your complaints?

Regards.
Mine was gynecomastia. If yours is too I would get a hormone test. I am waiting for my results. I thought the worst case was breast cancer now I have read that I could have a brain tumor, adrenal tumor, liver disease or testicular cancer. All being worst case scenarios.It could simply be because I am overweight and used to smoke marijuana habitually. Mine is only on one side so supposedly it is more possibly caused by drugs. Gynecomastia is the most common breast condition in men. I learned that I am no where near the first to present this with the fear that it is cancer. See a surgeon if you can. Good luck.
WOW! i apologize...i havent checked up on this site for a few weeks! thank you all so much for the replies...as far as the problem, it has gotten worse, the lump is atleast double the size from when i first noticed it.  it isnt as tender as it used to be, which im hoping it means that it is healing and going away :)

I finally did go into the doctor and they decided to take out the lump...although they did not do any biopsy the doctor told me it was "Gynecomastia".   I was scheduled to have it removed at the Jordan Valley Surgical Specialists in Salt Lake City, Utah. The day of the surgery, i showed up to have it taken out.  All of a sudden it became about how did you want to pay...you didnt pay anything last time...did you get insurance yet...IN WHAT A WEEK??? . $, $, $....they knew i didnt have health insurance and i would be paying out of pocket....what kind of society have we turned into that when someone has a problem like this, and cant pay for it up front, they get ignored....i have a job, i work full time...if you havent watched michael moore's SICKO i would reccomend it...it is eye opening to how the health care systems really operate.  the FDA is the only orginazation that gets to mandate their own rules and regulations...i will never go back to that hospital again...i was no longer a patient, just a bill...its terrible, you get your self prepped and mentally ready to go in for surgery only to have them treat you like a problem rather than a patient.

As far as any other side effects i noticed...im not usually one to be sweaty...even after playing basketball...now i seem to be sweating ALL the time out of my right arm pit. i can feel drips of sweat run down my arm/chest.  Also i noticed that it seems to have a hardened vein or something attatched to the lump under my nipple...it starts from the lump and goes just about to my arm pit.  I brought this up to my doctor and it was nothing to be alarmed about i guess...

Luckily i was able to get in contact with one of my cousin's who is a plastic surgeon.  He specializes in cosmetic and migrane surgery.  I had an exam with him last week and he also thought that i have Gynecomastia.  The chances of a male my age having breast cancer are slim to none he said but we decided to monitor it for one more month to see if it gets any smaller or starts to go away...if not we will be removing the lump at the end of May.

I did bring up the marijauna use to my cousin to bring all of my conditions to his attention, although marijuana use USUALLY would make a problem occur with both nipples rather than just one, it does have adverse affects on my body...i have sold my bongs and have cut back on my smoking...ha who would have thought smoking weed would make me grow boobs...?

thanks again for EVERYONE's input...you helped ease a lot of my stress.  Ill write back at the end of the month to let everyone know how it is going...

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.