Breast Cancer Community

Painful lump near my nipple, mammograms normal, but u/should abnormal?

Two weeks ago I discovered a lump in my left nipple, hurtful to the touch. I was referred to see an Oncologist who did a quick exam and refered me to get a Mammogram and Ultrasound to be on the safe side, but said she it felt more like a Hemotoma or Fiberostic cyst. A week later (Thursday ) I we talked for my mammogram which looked normal, but my u/should did not, so they did a biopsy and place a titaniun clip in insude my lump at that moment. I need to wait 3-5 days for results. Other then the pain, I have no other symptoms. Im 38. have no family history of bc , but did do hormone thetapy when TTC 3 years ago. The wait has me paranoid.
I am sorry to hear you found a lump but I am glad you are getting appropriate testing & biopsy done to find out what it is.  Finding and treating this in the early stages is the key for the best outcome. Let's hope it's fibrocystic or a hematoma as you mentioned above. Every day feels like eternity. I went thru a week and a half wait for biopsy results recently and it was awful. It is so hard not to worry. Hope you get some good news very soon!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, my friend.  I hate seeing you on this forum.  I will be keeping you in my prayers.  Please let me know how your biopsy turns out.
(((hugs)))
Thank you ladies for your responses.
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are welcome. I know we offered no medical advice, but hoping we at least lended a little support.  Please, keep us updated!  
Your support is more then appreciated! Thank you. I got results and it's benign. What a relief. I still need to hear from my radiologist doctor to see if it's damaged or ruptured abscess in milk duct to determine if it will heal on its own or need surgery.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What amazing news!  I am so glad everything is ok!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.