Breast Cancer Community

joint and bone pain after chemotherapy

I had chemotherapy exactly one year ago and a few months after the chemotherapy I started to have real pain in my joints and bones all over. It especially hurts if I have been inactive for more than 15 minutes. My doctor did a bone scan and results were good for no cancer, but is this really arthritis?I did not have it before the chemotherapy.
I could certainly be arthritis .... I'm sure this could and probably was diagnosed in the report of your Bone Scan. It could also be a delayed result of the Chemotherapy. I wonder if by any chance you might be on Tamoxifen or another similar drug following your Chemo. If so, this could certainly be the cause.   Regards ....
What kind of chemo did you receive?  I am thinking it might be a combination of the chemo and some OA (Osteoarthritis).  
I've got the same bone and joint pains and mine started during chemo two years ago. Tamoxifen kept the pain chain going :)

I was tested for arthritis and am happy to say that is at least ONE thing I don't have.

Best wishes.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.