Chiari Malformation Community

effexor xr

Effexor xr? Anyone taken this before? Its an anti depressant. Im afraid to take it. I had crazy reaction to cymbalta, so now im leary of all these drugs.
No, but do take zoloft and have for years. No issues and only 50 mg, day.  It just helps even out my seratonin levels so my moods are more stable.  I'm 35 now, started it at 18!
Hi.
I was on Effexor XR a few years ago, I found it helped with anxiety, it takes a few weeks before you feel the benefits.There are side effects and you need to read up on those, be careful if taking other medication including OTC drugs. If you do start on Effexor do not stop taking it as it causes awful withdrawals as I unfortunately found out.

Side effects and other info on Effexor....
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-venlafaxine/article_em.htm
You may have the same side effects from the effexor as it is in the same class as cymbalta
  I took it many years ago as well... As msnova74 said, just like cymbalta, effexor xr is an SNRI and chemically this may not work for you. I would ask your doctor this - "If I had such bad luck with Cymbalta, why would you like to try another SNRI drug?"
  Personally I found no luck with any "antidepressants" and have to take a combination of Adderall and Klonopin. This was a difficult journey as with most antidepressants, you have to give them weeks before you can say it's working or not. much luck and love to you<3