Concerta - aggressive behavior

Hello.  I would like to know if anyone has experienced the following: My 12 year old son is on Concerta 54 mg.  He has been on Concerta in gradual doses since kindergarten.   Now when the medication is wearing off, he becomes angry and agressive.  I have never seen this side of him before.  He used to become depressed so we restructured our evening activities to work around the depression.   I am at a loss and am very concerned.  Thank you in advance for any input on this question.  
I have heard this before, you may be better to go to the prescribing Doctor to see if there is another Med for him, has he been diagnosed wih ADHD, we also have an expert ADD and ADHD forum if you go the the forums page and click on the right .