Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
358 Members

sick

Starting last year in august, I have been unable to enjoy my life and live it to its fullest. I started having nausea, headaches, sore throats (only at night), loss of appetite and a stiff neck. I have suffered from fatigue and weakness. I play at a high intensity level in soccer. I went from being one of the top players on the team, playing the whole game (90min), now I get lucky if I can play 30min without feeling like I am going to collapse or vomit. I can't make plans with my friends ahead of time because I am worried about feeling unwell. I get very anxious before a game or practice because there is a good chance I will not feel well. This sickness is off and on. I have seem numerous different doctors and none of them have told me anything that it could possibly be:( When I start to feel better for a short period of time I get happy and begin to think I might be better, but then I get sick again as if i was never feeling better, I think I am a little bit depressed because I am no longer able to do the things I love. I have only told 3 of my friends. I am really embarrassed when my teammates ask me whats wrong because I don't know how to reply. I think that some of them think I am just trying to skip or they think its all in my head. I find that by exercising I tend to feel worse during or it might come on the day after. I don't usually feel better until 3 days after a game. I don't know what to do, I am going crazy, I can't handle all of these doctors appointments, I feel like they are starting to give up on me. I don't know what I am going to do if I do not get an answer soon, I can't handle it. Please, Please if you have any suggestions of what it could be or ideas of how to relief the symptoms that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this. Feel free to comment! Is it possible I have CFS? I have has all sorts of blood tests, Head cT scan, lung function tests, and heart tests

(P.s. I am a girl and I just turned 17 this year)
have you seen an endocrinologist??  many primary care physicians do not do the level of testing that they do.  i would demand to be tested for lyme disease as well
I have already been tested for lyme decease. I have seen my family doctor, paediatrician and a gastrointestinal specialist and have visited the ER
HI to both.

Lyme's Disease is NOTORIOUSLY difficult to diagnose and some people may never get diagnosed, specially if they don't see an LLMD (Lyme LiterateMedical Doctor)-not an official designation, but these doctors treat Chronic Lyme's Disease, which is NOT FULLY RECOGNIZED by most medical authorities and in unfriendly Lyme's states, they risk they medical licences and careers, as they break protocol and treat the patients according to needs of the patients and NOT according to the recommended procedures.
And the only reliable Lab they use is IGENEX, which is the golden standard.

The amount of controversy with Lyme's is simply appalling!!!

Catie, (A) you need to rule any possible nutritional deficiencies, hormonal deficiencies -you need an Endocrinologist for the latter,as Jinx mentioned-

If you have any blood work results, would you be willing to post them?

You also need (B) to rule out Candida -a yeast infection for which you may do a simple self test , just search for Saliva test for Candida - and also (C) Leaky Gut Syndrome (Simple urine test called PEG will rule it out)

And you may also want to do (D) a self test for gastric acid deficiency.
You can do the baking soda "burp" test or the Betaine HCL challenge.
Just look them up online.

(E) You can do Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test for thyroid function.
Just follow the simple online instructions precisely.

(F)* You may want to do Dr. Coca's Pulse test for allergies, intolerance or sensitivity to any substance ingested Takes a week and it's a free download.
I also have a short version, for people with busy schedules, so let me know if you're interested, I can send it to you.

(G)* Going  diary and gluten free for  few weeks, will also indicate any adverse or rather lack of adverse reactions, if you experience improvement.
Dairy and grains are the 2 most common food groups for allergies and sensitivity.

Most of the above are not within the scope of conventional medicine and it would be best to see a Natural Health Practitioner.

I gave you a lot to think about and I hope it helps you to find some answers.

Please note that my comments are intended to replace medical advice.

Blessings.
Niko

*The symptoms in these may not be just the classic symptoms, like rashes,
nausea, sneezing, etc.but may also affect any part of the body, including
joint and muscle pain, fatigue, depression, headaches and more!

Hi, I have been tested for lyme disease. I am unsure what blood tests I have done but there has bee quite a few (they just say to me they are giving me a blood test!). I have already tried going gluten and dairy free, but no relief. I have been tested for allergies also.I have been check for thyroid too.
Katie, I understand you are young and you probably trust the medical system, expecting to take care of your health matters efficiently.
Perhaps, now you may have some little doubts, but again you trust that something will be done eventually.

Well, I'm afraid, as logical as this is, it just does not work this way in real life,
specially when cases are complicated and answers are difficult to find.

It is important to become proactive, knowledgeable and thorough.
There's no Health Practitioner, anywhere that will  look after your Health and Wellness, better that you!! You are your own best Healer and Therapist!
I mean this with all my sincerity.

Lyme disease takes YEARS to diagnose and many people go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for life because of the tests being mostly
false negative!!!
Please read my previous post again!

Conventional Thyroid testing is also flawed.
Chances are you had serum T3, T4 and TSH tests.
Well these only indicate serum levels, not tissue thyroid function!
You need to get Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3.
You can also do on your own:Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test for this,
as I mentioned before.

The effects of gluten can linger around the body for months after going
GF. Unsure if the same happens in cross reactive foods.
So the relief may only be experienced after months into the diet.

Dr. Coca's Pulse Test would indicate any sensitivity to gluten anyway.
You should try this.

If you don't have the patience to do the whole week, there's a short version,
probably not as precise and accurate, but quite acceptable, nonetheless.

Dr. Cocoa's Pulse Test (simplified version)
Just sit in a chair and come to rest for about 5 minutes. Take your pulse for a full 1 minute (not the 15 sec. multiply by 4 thing). Then put whatever you want to test in your mouth and chew it for 30 seconds. Then take your pulse again. If you find it is faster by 6 beats, you are allergic or have a sensitivity to it. If you have type “O” blood, use 4 beats as the criteria instead of 6. It’s that simple.

If you feel overwhelmed with all this, perhaps you may want to consider going to a Natural Health Practitioner, who will take the time to thoroughly explore everything in a holistic and natural way and guide you back to
a balanced state of health again.

Feel free to post again or pm me, with any concerns or questions you may have.

Best wishes.
Niko

Sorry I'm confused, so you telling me if theres someone who is unwell and a doctors having trouble curing the illness they will give up and stop looking after my health and wellness?