Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Community
327 Members

WELCOME one and all to the Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group

I hope you will join this Group and become a valuable and active member. Through this Group, we can help each other with suggestions, advice, support and information about this dreadful disease and how best we can manage treatments for our best friends. As a starting point, please have a read of my article on diet at: http://www.infobarrel.com/How_Diet_Affects_Dogs_with_Chronic_Kidney_Disease

I have tried my very best to put as much useful information as possible in this piece, but if your questions and concerns are not answered in the piece, please start a thread and post your comments. To help track your thread, please head it with the name of your dog.
Thanks for inviting me to join the group Tony...!  This is a much needed group, and you are the perfect person to be the administrator of this group. You are a blessing to so many people who come here to seek advice and support.  Best Wishes my dear friend..
Connie
Thanks Connie. I'm hoping the Group gets a good foundation of members, because the collective source of support and information will prove invaluable. Like others, I am continually reading information and new research about canine CKF and this Group should be a good way of passing on these things and inviting the valued opinions of all interested parties.

Of course, you are the person who first supported me when BB was diagnosed ... so this Group has been made possible through your kind words, compassion and friendship. I'm sure I've said it many times, but here's an official THANK YOU to you.

Tony x
Thank you for the invite.  Very happy this was created. The stories in this group will help all that are going through CKD with their furbaby.

I am forever grateful that I found this site by accident- really has helped me tremendously.

Hi Tony!!!  I'M IN!!!!   Karla
Yeaaahhh ... I feel happy! Thanks for joining. :)
I still can't figure out how to join!!!
Thank you for inviting me to this group! You, Connie and numerous others have supported me through the horrible loss of my Riley, and have helped me cope with my guilt and broken heart :( Thank you all for your love, kind words, helpful advice, and shared experiences. Hopefully, we can all get through it together!
Hi. Thanks for joining. I'm hoping the family of friends here can help others going through what many of us have already gone through. Your support is greatly appreciated. Tony
Bump ... !
Not positive if I've joined (also having trouble bookmarking blog); but hope I'm in.  First time I've been back in a few weeks since I had to put Teagan to rest.  To be honest I hope to NEVER need to refresh myself on the terrible disease.  But, you all gave me such comfort when Teagan left me.  I hope to keep reading posts to keep up with you all.
Doris
Hello Doris. I agree, it would be much better if this User Group wasn't needed, but as this dreadful disease affects one in every three dogs over the age of 12 yrs, I think it very much is needed - and people here are very supportive and kind hearted, despite their experiences and losses.

Thank you for joining us.

Tony
Absolutely.  Great to have a source of information when we're not sure what to do to help our fur kids.  Have a great 4th all.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.