Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
1 - 6 (of 299) questions
I have a 11 months years old golden retriever. Her name is gogoma which means sweet potato in korean. She is a really sweet dog. She was ...
My Doberman Ben is only 7 1/2 years old and has stage 3-4 kidney disease. He was abused as a pup in a puppy training club and we believe...
I have a sweet and wonderful JRT named Topsy who is 16 1/2 now. Her kidney numbers have been elevated for several years but the progress...
Hi Tony,not sure you would remember my dog, but I joined this forum last April when my Toto was diagnosed with kidney failure stage 03. Y...
I’m so glad to have found this group. I am losing my 13 y.o. Mix I am afraid. Have pretty much tried everything. Just looking for any las...
Hi , my name is Elizabeth and a have Samantha a 14 yo mix lab....About 1week ago she started vomiting and was ating very little....I was ...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.