Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
Hello, I rescued my American Pitbull Terrier Buster when he was 7 months old. He turned 16 end of September. He is my best friend and my ...
Hello to all. I'm so happy i found this site, I have a 5 lb. 15 years old dog, who has never had any sickness. Healthy little one I woul...
Hi Tony! I've been voraciously reading your group's postings/answers. My dog was perfectly fine with SLIGHT high BUN (35-38). I put her o...
I wanted to share my experience with chronic kidney disease (CKD) with my dog and hope it helps others. This is quite long. My dog pas...
My Doberman Ben is only 7 1/2 years old and has stage 3-4 kidney disease. He was abused as a pup in a puppy training club and we believe...
My 121/2 year old dog was showing what I thought were old age problems. She loved her food but we were trying to lose a little weight so ...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.