Comprehensive Dentistry Forum

Post surgery pain

Hi, I recently had my wisdom tooth out as of an infection. I got my tooth out on Feb 19th of this year. I have had nothing but problems since it was taken out. It first started off by getting a dry socket 3 days after the procedure was done. I then started having sever pain a week later, I went back to the surgent and he found a piece of tooth that he had left behind. I have still been in serve pain since then, my oral surgent refered me to another doctor which is only a pain management doctor. As my family doctor refered me to another doctor in Michigan. I went and seen him, he thinks that I have permenate never damage. I cannot open my mouth 1/2 of what i used to be able to. I can not bend over and pick anything up with out my mouth/jaw throbing..   I feel the side of my mouth and there is a hard hard lump by my jaw and i feel like there is something stuck in there. Have you heard of never damage doing this before or have any idea what this could be? I just need to get some answers for this pain thank you.
Seeing a tmj specialist and/or orofacial pain specialist is advised.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.