Comprehensive Dentistry Forum

abscess after sinus lift surgery?

I had a sinus lift done in November 2008 (9 months ago) to prepare for implants to be placed. Ever since the lift surgery, I have had a swelling on the gum tissue where the surgery took place. The swelling extends about 2-3 inches along the gum and a little on the cheek side. It hurts quite a bit. The pain extends to my eye socket and I have frequent nose bleeding on the opposite side. I had a CT scan and a bone scan but the surgeon said ithey look okay and I should continue to give it time to heal. I'm concerned there is an infection in there that's not being addressed. Is there any other diagnostic test to determine if there's a problem such as an abscess? I do run frequent low grade fevers, have chills and night sweats.
I checked and there are no Top 3 Dentists in my area. I live in the Rocky Montain area.. Could you give me a frew names of some recommended dentists on this side of the country. My daughter lives in Dallas and I could go there too. Or the midwest would work too as I have family in some of those states.

Thanks.
Abby
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.