Dental Health Community

Augmentin and z-pack for tooth abscess - still lots of pain

I was given augmentin for a severe sinus infection.  Two days into taking it I began to have excrutiating tooth and gum pain.  I went to a dentist to have it pulled but she said I needed to take an antibiotic to get rid of the infection first.  She prescribed a z-pack along with percocet and ibuprofin.  She said the antibiotic would work to take down the swelling and thus the pain within 24 hours but that is not the case.  I'm taking both antibiotics and the percocet at 6 hour intervals along with rotating ibuprofen and tylenol every 3 hours and I'm still in horrible pain.  I've been using ice packs also but I only get relief for about 3 hours after taking the percocet.  The rest of the time I feel like I would rather be in intense labor rather than this jaw pain.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there anything else I can do to try to ease the pain?
Mint tea, green tea, and clove oil are all recommended.

Place a few drops of clove oil directly onto the painful tooth for the best results, or press a whole clove against the tooth after moistening with saliva. Do not apply clove oil directly to the gums, as it may cause slight irritation or burning.