Dental Health Community

Cracked tongue

I have been getting cracks developing on the middle front part of my tongue.  I'm 36 and quit smoking over 2 years ago.  I smoked for about 8 years.  I brush daily, but only floss when I remember to.  These cracks started about 3 months ago.  I have geographic tongue also that I've had for about a year.  Should I be concerned about these cracks?  
I too have cracked tongue and it is impossible to eat any thing that is peppered or spicy. I love mexican food and it is impossible to eat  even the mildest o food. What is causing this? My doc did not know what was causing this so he prescribed some spray to numb my mouth