Dental Health Community

Hole in tonsil bed after tonsillectomy?

Hi, I am an 18 year old female who is currently on day 11 of the recovery process after a tonsillectomy. The recovery process has been normal so far apart from a visit to the day centre because I had a bad reaction to the medication codeine which caused me to have acute sickness. Now nearly all of the white scabs have come off which has revealed two through holes on my left tonsil bed whilst the other has healed perfectly. I just want to know if this is normal, if it will heal on it's own, or if I will need secondary surgery?!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Owing back to your surgeon to have a post op exam is advised.