Dental Health Community

Infection & swelling

Is there anything I can do for a tooth infection at home to reduce swelling?  My dentist can't get me in for a month and a half and this pain and swelling is really starting to annoy me.  Only thing that seems to help for a few moments is something that is ice cold and it doesn't reach up into my cheek area that is swollen and the pressure building from the swelling is getting to be bothersome.
A dental examination and X-rays are important for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. It could possibly be due to spread of infection causing cellulitis .If the infection is left untreated it can lead to tooth abscess. A visit to the dentist, who may prescribe antibiotics or pain relievers may help. Keep me posted. Treatment will depend on the cause. Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!