Dental Health Community

Jaw pain a week after broken tooth filling

Good Evening,

Last week, one of my molars had a large chunk break off and I went to the dentist to get it repaired.  The dentist filled it and I received four novacaine shots. My teeth felt fine for a week following the procedure but now that it's a week later, my jaw is in constant pain. It doesn't hurt anymore or less if I open or close my jaw.  It's just a constant pain throughout the day.  Pain relievers and swelling medicine isn't helping at all.

Thanks for your help!
Mike
COMMUNITY LEADER
Going back to your dentist to find out whether there is tooth crack or pulp infection is advised.
I think there could be an infection that is causing the pain or due to the filling being 'too high' and needs to be adjusted.  Best thing is consult your dentist.
If there are complications in your fillings always refer to the doctor.