Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.52k Members

Pain in gum / front tooth after crown failed

I snapped my front tooth when I was about 14 and had to wait until I was 17 to get it crowned, but about 6 months ago, 7 years after my tooth getting my tooth crowned, my original tooth (only one third) and crown snapped completely off. A metal post was put in my my mouth to secure my tooth as a temporary measure (which should last 2-3 years) before I have to get an implant. The last few days my front tooth has been sensitive and painful, which is weird because all the nerves have been dead for about 9 years, I have had hundreds of hours at the dentist getting bridge work, a root canal and getting it capped 20 or so times. Now this morning my gums are very sensitive and I have a swollen lip and it is uncomfortable to touch or eat with my front tooth.
I am currently overseas in a non English speaking country and I was wondering if I should consult a dentist immediately or I get to the UK in 10 days, am I able to wait out the discomfort until then? Providing it doesn't cause any serious dental problems...'
Thankyou for any help and assistance
1 Responses
Sounds like your tooth might be abcessing, even though roots are dead, tooth would be the source of infection so with it still there you can still get an abcess, which would need antibiotics, unfortanenly if I'm right, the pain will more then likley get worse.. Sorry and good luck..
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.