Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

abcessed tooth&poss cracked bone

i think i have an abcess in my jaw and it feels like my bone is cracking around the wisdom tooth. i cant get to the dentist for a few days,. what should i do? the swelling is spreading in my face and i think my neck.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
I think you should make an appointment with a dentist as soon as possible .You can take painkillers like ibuprofen or Paracetamol to help relieve the pain. You need urgent drainage of the pus from the abscess and, if necessary your doctor may need to remove any teeth that have been damaged by the infection. If left untreated the infection can cause osteomyelitis and sepsis. Schedule an appointment soon. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.