Dental Health Community

abscess?

Hi dr.
I am 24 years old and 28 weeks pregnant. For the past 5 nights i have been up and down all night with dental pain. I have been taking amoxicillin for 2 days 3 times a day and have been given panadiene with codeine but it wasnt helping at all so i was given fiorinal dental which also has not provided any relief.  the pain that has been keeping me up comes and goes but when i have it its a severe throbbing that brings me to tears all along my lower jaw and up the side of ny face throbbing in my right ear. I have noticed it is alot worse when i lie down. Is it and abscess and what is the cheapest option for a permanent solution?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your descriptions suggest you may need root canal treatment, which is not a contraindicated procedure for pregnancy.seeing an endodontist is advised.