A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

abscess?

Hi dr.
I am 24 years old and 28 weeks pregnant. For the past 5 nights i have been up and down all night with dental pain. I have been taking amoxicillin for 2 days 3 times a day and have been given panadiene with codeine but it wasnt helping at all so i was given fiorinal dental which also has not provided any relief.  the pain that has been keeping me up comes and goes but when i have it its a severe throbbing that brings me to tears all along my lower jaw and up the side of ny face throbbing in my right ear. I have noticed it is alot worse when i lie down. Is it and abscess and what is the cheapest option for a permanent solution?
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your descriptions suggest you may need root canal treatment, which is not a contraindicated procedure for pregnancy.seeing an endodontist is advised.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.