Dental Health Community

dental health

I HAD A ROOT CANAL LAST THURSDAY.  I WAS TOO OUT OF IT FROM THE ANTI ANXIETY MEDS TO REMEMBER I WAS SUPPOSED TO START AMOXICILLAN 500 ASAP.  FINALLY ON SUNDAY I CONTACTED THE DENTIST AND THEY ASKED ME IF I WAS TAKING THEM.  I GOT THE SCRIPT FILLED AND STARTED TAKING THEM RIGHT AWAY.  IT'S BEEN 36 HOURS BUT I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A LUMP IN THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY THROAT DOWN BY MY ESOPHAGAUS.  IF IT IS AN ABCESS WILL THE AMOXICILLAN 500 4 TIMES A DAY TAKE CARE OF IT?
A clinical examination is necessary for confirming the exact cause of your symptoms. In a dental abscess, or tooth abscess there is accumulation of pus inside the teeth or gums. The abscess usually originates from a bacterial infection and is mostly caused by a dental infection. The common presenting complaints are severe toothache, breath odour, fever, pain when chewing, sensitivity to hot or cold, swelling of gums, swollen glands etc. It can be diagnosed with the help of clinical examination, dental x-rays and other tests. Antibiotics are given for the infection. Warm salt-water rinses and over-the-counter pain relievers may relieve the toothache and fever. Antibiotics may be helpful but it is best to see your treating dentist and get evaluated. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!