Dental Health Community

extraction and bone graft

I am due to have 2 extractions at the same time - one on each side.  The dentist wants me to have bone grafts due to the fact that I had taken oral Actonel for one and a half years.  However, I have not taken Actonel for 4 months.  I believe I am safe enough from future osteonecrosis to just have the extractions without the bone grafts.  I am not going to have dental implants.  One is the last lower tooth on R side and the other is the next to last tooth on L side.  Neither shows when I smile.  Any thoughts as to whether I can just have the extractions without the grafts?

This discussion is related to Tooth Extraction / bone graft side effects.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Bone graft after dental extraction is not a routine procedure. It appears that your condition is not specifically indicated for bone graft.