Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

extraction and bone graft

I am due to have 2 extractions at the same time - one on each side.  The dentist wants me to have bone grafts due to the fact that I had taken oral Actonel for one and a half years.  However, I have not taken Actonel for 4 months.  I believe I am safe enough from future osteonecrosis to just have the extractions without the bone grafts.  I am not going to have dental implants.  One is the last lower tooth on R side and the other is the next to last tooth on L side.  Neither shows when I smile.  Any thoughts as to whether I can just have the extractions without the grafts?

This discussion is related to Tooth Extraction / bone graft side effects.
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Bone graft after dental extraction is not a routine procedure. It appears that your condition is not specifically indicated for bone graft.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.