Dental Health Community

tooth sensitivity after root canal

I had a root canal done about 2 months ago on 2 molars (18 & 19).  I just had temporary crowns put on last week, and permanent ones are scheduled for next week.  However, after the root canals, both teeth have been sensitive to pressure, although not to hot and cold anymore.  When i tap on them with my fingernail, even with the temporary crowns on, i feel a little bit of sensitivity/pain.  It is not excruciating by any means, but those 2 teeth are definitely more sensitive than any of my other teeth.  My question is whether this is common and will subside, or if this is a sign that something may be wrong and i have reason to be concerned and possibly wait on the perma crowns? Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Post-op sensitivity to pressure is common, which may last a couple of weeks.
So considering the sensitivity has lasted for 2 months post-op (root canals), does that still fall in the common experience range?  I just want to make sure I don't have the perma crowns placed only to find there is some problem.  Thanks for the response scott.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The sensitivity may come from occlusal interference of temporary crown.The way to ascertain the source of sensitivity is to remove the temporary crown and see how the teeth respond.
There is not any occlusal interference with those 2 molars.  In fact they have been shaved down so low that they don't even touch the top molars with a standard bite.  The sensitivity was present prior to putting the temporary crowns on.  I had temporary fillings over the teeth after the root canals for 2 months before getting the temporary crowns, and the sensitivity was the exact same prior to getting the temp crowns put on as it is currently with them on.
could be root fractures. i have a tooth thats considered fatal because the root is fracture and its non fixable. right now i am living with it till i can afford the implant. i had it crowned and then found out that it was hopeless.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If the quality of root canal is optimal,there is really nothing we can do. Root fracture generally yields much more discofmort and abscess after a while. Maybe it takes more time to get complete healing in your case. Sorry, I don't have any solution at present time.