Depression/Mental Health Forum

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Where can I find a copy of the following:
  1) Dissociative Experiences Scale
  2) DDiss. DIsorders Interview Schedule
  3)Structured Clinical Interview for DIssociatve Disorders
  I have been diagnosed with DID and am having a lot of problems staying connected.  Was hospitalized last week for dissociateion and suicide ideation.
  Please help me find these diagnositc interviews.
  Thank YOu.

_

Dear Debbie,
The Dissociative Experiences Scale and Dissociative Disorders Interview Schedule are available in - Steinberg M.,Rounsaville B., Cicchetti D : Detection of Dissociative Disorders in psychiatric patients by screening instrument and a structured diagnostic interview. Am J Psychiatry 48:1050, 1991.
They are also available in - Steinberg M : Handbook for the assessment of Dissociation: A clinical guide. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, 1995.
The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Dissociative Disorders is edited by M. Steinberg (Published by American Psychiatric Press, Washington, 1993)
I hope you find tjis information helpful. It is provided for general medical educational purposes only, and should not replace consultation with your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your problems.
*Keywords: dissociation, dissociative, DSM-IV, multiple personality, screening

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area