Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression/Mental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Do I have add

I lose concentration can not hold to one thought for to long of a time I am 34 and have a famliy I have not been able to hold a job for more then 1.5 to 2 years I seem to do a lot of day dreaming, putting things off all the time, never seeming to get thing completed I need to change my life around so that my family does not suffer. My family doctor does not think there is anything wrong he thinks Iam in a rut need help please.
1 Responses
Dear  Jeff,

From the information that is provided, it seems that your occupational functioning is being affected by your inability to concentrate. This can occur with mood disorders ( depression, bipolar disorder), ADD (attention deficit disorder) , drug abuse and several others. Personality disorders play  a significant role in interpersonal relationships. It would be helpful to consider evaluation by a trained Mental Health Professional to rule out any psychiatric  conditions. I wish you Good Luck.

Sincerely
HFHS-M.D.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area