Depression/Mental Health Forum

I would like stories of people that have Borderline personality disorder

What do you suggest for med treatment of borderline personality disorder?

_

Dear Sara,
The optimal treatment approach to Borderline Personality Disorder consists of a combination of psychotherapy as well as medications for specific personality features that adversely affect overall functioning.
There is no firm consensus on what type of psychotherapy is most effective,but practitioners agree that some form of psychotherapy is important.
Antidepressants are useful for improving the depressed mood often seen in Borderline Personality Disorder, while impulsivity may be controlled by mood-stabilizers such as valproic acid, lithium, or carbamazepine. Low doses of antipsychotic medications may be used to control the anger, hostility, and brief paranoid states associated with this disorder.
I hope you find this information helpful.It is provided for educational purposes only, and should not replace consultation with a doctor. Henry Ford Behavioral Services provides confidential evaluation, available by calling (313)874-6680 for an appointment.
*Keywords: borderline personality disorder, psychotherapy, antidepressants, mood-stabilizers, antipsychotics

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area