Depression/Mental Health Forum

Neurontin side effects

I will try to make this short. After a year on Zoloft I was taken off about 6 weeks ago. I was then put on Effexor. Because it gave me migrains I was taken off about 3 weeks ago. I was not put on another antidepressent because my doctor left her practice and I had to get the effexor from my rheumatologist who told me if you can't take it wait until you see your new PCP. That's not until Feb. I stayed on the Nuerontin and at 900mg have been having fits of rage. One minute I am fine the next I am out of control. I have cut it down to 600mg but still am angry at everyone and anything.Can this be the neurontin or is it the lack of antidepressent or withdrawl from the Zoloft? The anger started when I went off the zoloft and started the neurontin and now I am confused what it is. I am in counceling and have a call into her Can't get into my PCP at the earliest it would be Thursday. Thanks for the help.
I don't understand why you were taken off of Zoloft, especially if it was working for you. It could be a withdrawal, and the way to find out is to restart the Zoloft. On the other hand, this holiday season brings out strong family related anger, and that could account for the intensity. Talk to your counselor as well. You really should be having these medications supervised by a psychiatrist, not a general physician.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area