Depression/Mental Health Forum

anxiety/panic medications

What is the safest medication to take during pregnancy for panic/anxiety attacks? I am not currently pregnant, however, I would like to eventually become pregnant and am scared about getting back on Paxil because of the withdrawals I had getting off of it the first time (mood swings, no patience, etc.). How long does it take for this medication to get out of your system and is this something I can try to take for 6 omnths  (get my panic under control), then get off of it?  Thanks for any advice.
You will have to consult your ob for the final word on safety during pregnancy, but before being pregnant you should consider klonopin as a way of controlling your anxiety, something that you can get off of quickly( weeks before pregnancy) and something that might also be safe during pregnancy.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area