Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression/Mental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

anxiety/panic medications

What is the safest medication to take during pregnancy for panic/anxiety attacks? I am not currently pregnant, however, I would like to eventually become pregnant and am scared about getting back on Paxil because of the withdrawals I had getting off of it the first time (mood swings, no patience, etc.). How long does it take for this medication to get out of your system and is this something I can try to take for 6 omnths  (get my panic under control), then get off of it?  Thanks for any advice.
1 Responses
242532 tn?1269550379
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You will have to consult your ob for the final word on safety during pregnancy, but before being pregnant you should consider klonopin as a way of controlling your anxiety, something that you can get off of quickly( weeks before pregnancy) and something that might also be safe during pregnancy.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area