Endometriosis Community
I HAD EXPLORATORY SURGERY FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS AND CHOCOLATE CYST
I HAD EXPLORATORY SURGERY FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS AND CHOCOLATE CYST 9 MONTHS AFTER THE PAIN I HAD BEFORE THE SURGERY IS BACK. COULD IT BE THAT THE ENDOMETRIOSIS IS BACK AND IF SO WHAT SHOULD I DO? CAUSE I KEEP GOING BACK TO THE DOCTOR AND HE GIVE ME MEDS TO STOP MY PERIOD AND FOR PAIN BUT I STILL HAVE MY PERIOD AND BAD PAIN....
That's how endometriosis tends to behave, unfortunately. Surgery to remove --> preventative measures --> surgery to remove --> repeat.

I'd definitely talk to your gyno about it.
If the surgery was done by a non endo specialist than yes it could come back. I can help you find a good surgeon if you let me know where you live