Exercise & Fitness Community

Is something wrong?

I'm trying to be healthier so i have started running. When I start to run within 5 minutes i start to have this burning pain at what feels like the ends of my lungs. I try to push through the pain thinking will pass but it only gets worse.  I then try to walk so that the pain goes away but it doesn't. Then once I stop walking and sit down it takes about 30 minutes for the pain to go away. I'm only 13 and shouldn't be having these problems. What can I do to fix this and do I need to see a doctor about this?
This could be an allergic reaction to pollen or some other airborne pollutant or due to asthma. Any number of things can cause this! I suggest not running until you see your doctor!!
Yes, you should see a doctor quickly. Its not good for a teen.
I agree with this answer. Get to a doctor.
You'd definitely want to go see a doctor or respiratory therapist! When you go, make sure to ask about different breathing techniques.