Eye Care Community

Persistent GPC

For 2 years I have had problem with itching, burning, scratching in both of my eyes. I have visited more than 4 doctors who claimed that my only problem is dry eye syndrome. Only one would point out, that upper tarsal conjunctiva is bumpy. I searched the web and found, it could be GPC and when I showed the doctor the pictures, he agreed, it looks like my condition. I have been on Patanol, Cromol, Epinastin, for Ages, even tried Hydrocortison gel, nothing would help. My condition was so severe, that I was nearly unable to see wherever they had A/C. I saw one doctor advising to try Lotemax. For the first time, I used it 2 times a day, 2 weeks. I helped a lot, but after a little while, it was burning again, although it was much better than before lotemax. So, after 2 weeks I started to take lotemax again. 2 times a day. It helped, but after 3 weeks, it was again worse. I have had my IOP measured troughout the whole time, while on Lotemax, my IOP at its highest was 17.5 and 17.1. Right now, I am on it, 9th day, 3x a day. Before I started taking it, my IOP was 15.6 and 17.1. Doctor said that while it is under 18, we should not worry. But lotemax is not as effective as it used to be. After those first 2 weeks, doctor said, he saw a lot of improvement. Please, I am desperate for help, I dont want to live like this anymore. I am law student and I need my eyes healthy. How long should I take lotemax? How much? I apologize for my English, I am not native speaker.

Thank you so much for any help given.
I just want to add, that 2 years ago I stopped using Bausch and Lomb Purevision Toric lenses. I used them for 2 years.