Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

lump right under my big toe

i have a lump under my big toe and it cause me pain when i am on my feet to long and it is tender around the edgesof it its hard but the inside circle is soft seems yellowish
1 Responses
1760988 tn?1313704042

Thanks for writing in.

In all likelihood, you are suffering from a condition called pressure sore (corn) which causes thickening of the skin with pain. It can arise either from a problem in the foot or due to wearing uncomfortable, pointed footwear.

For treating this condition, you can try corn caps which are available over the counter in pharmacy which will reduce the thickness of the lesion.

I would suggest that you avoid wearing tight footwear.

If it does not get better, please consult an orthopedic surgeon for x-ray and physical examination, as this could also be due to some small bones called sesamoids under the big toe.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.  

Best Regards,
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.