Abdominal pain; laxatives; few questions?

I went to my doctor today because I've been having severe abdominal pain the past few weeks, it seems pinpointed on my right side so I was terrified it's my appendix since I have a low grade fever, nauseous when I eat and drink a lot at once, my stomach is super bloated. After some poking around on my stomach, my doctor says I'm severely constipated. I got some Lax-A-Day since it's apparently the easiest on my body.

I was just a bit apprehensive though since all laxatives say that you shouldn't take them when you have abdominal pain, mild fever, bloated stomach. I have all of those symptoms but my doctor says it's just severe constipation. I'm just apprehensive that by taking a laxative it'll make it worse or something.

So I guess my question is does anyone have a solid answer to why you shouldn't take laxatives when you have abdominal pain, bloated, and feverish? And has anyone taken anything while they were experiencing the same?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0