Stomach problems

I am a 29 yr old male with stomach issues I have constant pressure on my stomach and get bloated real easy sometimes it is hard to take in deep breaths I have lost appetite a lot and have lost about 15 pounds in a month I have indegestion a lot as well and sometimes a burning sensation in the stomach area I have also noticed little black specks In my stool and on the toilet paper I keep worrying that I mite have stomach cancer but my blood work came back normal does this sound like it could be that
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Some of what you're describing suggests you should be checked for the presence of H. pylori and acid reflux issues. Has your doctor suggested that yet?
Helpful - 0
Well my doc told me it was unlikely cancer that mayb it was gastritis or a ulcer  so I am getting a egd test done I'm just afraid it's cancer bc I have almost every symptom of it
Helpful - 0
As I have told you before, it is incredibly incredibly unlikely that you have stomach cancer.  You are young and that lowers your risk a lot.  You say you have every symptom of stomach cancer, but all those symptoms are also every symptom of many other conditions.  And it is much more likely to be something else besides stomach cancer.
Helpful - 0
Yeh your prob right I just don't know what all conditions affect the stomach so I worry a lot about having something serious
Helpful - 0
And also I have a lot of gas at night and in the mornings as well would that be a symptom of ulcer and gastritis too
Helpful - 0
What do you mean by gas (rumbling in your stomach, burping, or passing gas/farting)?  This is often due to diet but it can also be due to swallowing air which can be done unconsciously if you are anxious.
Helpful - 0
Yeh gas from farting it's at note and morning alot
Helpful - 0
This could be related to your diet.  You could try eliminating gas-producing foods from your diet to see if that helps (like lactose, beans, etc.).
Helpful - 0
Ok I will look into that but if it was cancer it would hardly have any symptoms wouldn't it bc I have just constant pressure on my stomach and nothing seems to help it
Helpful - 0
That's hard to answer.  At your age stomach cancer is INCREDIBLY rare.  Just try to get it out of your mind.
Helpful - 0
That's the hard part I have my mind set that it's cancer and that it won't be curable
Helpful - 0
Well I don't think there is anything else I can add.
Helpful - 0
What would cause a burning feeling in the stomach area
Helpful - 0
Many things: GERD (heartburn), ulcer, gastroenteritis, gallbladder, etc.
Helpful - 0
Well I know it's not my galbladder I have already had that checked it just worries me bc I hardly have a appetite and when I do eat I bloat like crazy
Helpful - 0
Did you have an ultrasound and a HIDA scan?
Helpful - 0
Yeh I had both galbladder was functioning at 78% they thought it might be my galbladder bc sometimes I get pains under right rib and my stools were fatty looking plus tan and narrow so it's hard to say
Helpful - 0
I would recommend asking the gallbladder community about this.  78% might be too high but I'm not sure.
Helpful - 0
I have another question when I press under my rib cage on the left side I can feel something pop or click what would that be
Helpful - 0
It could be a couple different things.  Has your doctor felt this?
Helpful - 0
No he hasn't do you think it could be bad
Helpful - 0
There's no way of knowing, but I would recommend that you have your doctor feel it.
Helpful - 0
And another thing I have thin stools sometimes my wife is a nurse and she said that colon contractions causes that do you think that is true bc I get pains along with it
Helpful - 0
Thin stools are often a sign of constipation.  I don't know what she means by colon contractions; everyone's colon contracts, that's how it moves waste through.
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem