General Health Community

Mysterious Excess Salivation Symptom

Hi, I started to suffer from excessive salivation since February '18. The symptom happened out of the blue. When it first happened, my mouth will constantly be filled with clear and thin fluid of saliva despite swallowing it all the time. Usually it's minimal in the day and worsens in the night. I've seen GPs and ENTs who gave me antacids and antibiotics as they suspect it's acid reflux but it doesn't resolve the issue. My dentist couldn't find anything as well.

Over time, the salivation fluctuates in its' form and secretion level. Sometimes, I'll produce thick or sticky saliva. Other times, it'll be clear and thin fluid. Occasionally, bubbles will continually form in my mouth. All these different symptoms come and go, changes intermittently and it's difficult to attribute to anything particular.

I've done blood tests and screenings which came out negative. I have no other symptoms besides the stress and anxiety that's caused by this long-term issue. For the past 7 months, there's never a day where I can live without something going on in my mouth.

What could be causing this mysterious illness? Any solutions?